• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I had to pay rent as soon as I got a job. So that was about 19 after I finished college.

Slacker some of us started at fifteen. 30% it was, made agents seem cheap.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Having very much enjoyed Parasite on Sunday, we are now watching Snowpiercer (2013) - IMDb.
      That’s a really weird one. I enjoyed it when I watched it last year

Tea has been a bowl of scouse, with a thick end of sesame bloomer and a crust of wholemeal that needed finishing off. Very nice; warming and filling

Though not so filling that I might not have some chocolate cake in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I suspect that the evening's entertainment is likely to be "The Wrath of Khan", a chap who seems to be easy to irritate.
        And so it proved to be.

Khan was suitably wrathful, seemingly blaming the Wig Wearing War Criminal for all sort of badness.

I found rather more enjoyable than I'd expected, having only seen bits & pieces of it since seeing it in the cinema back last millennium.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          What do you think? One wolf and one Lidl!

tools are us!
          Just checking.

I see it requires 4.5 bar.

I won't ask why you need two.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            i've accepted the permie consultancy gig too.

Congratulations.
            I’m raising a glass of Prosecco to you in the Admirals Club lounge at Nashville airport.

OK, Nashville is a lot of fun if you like live music. Walk down Broadway any time from about 11am and there’s 20+ clubs all with live bands. I ended up in the famous Tootsies. 3 floors, 3 different bands. Shame I had to leave to get here.

I also found out why I was a little fuzzy this morning. The local IPA I was drinking last night came in at 6.7%, and the waitress switched from 16oz (473ml) to 22oz (651ml) pours for me.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I followed the current trend in choosing tonight’s Major Motion Picture, it being ST:TMP, aka Star Trek - The Motion Picture (1979). Pretty sure I haven’t seen this one since it was on telly in the 1980s, though I see from BBC Genome that it was shown a couple of times in the 1990s so I might have seen it then. It’s showing its age of course, and there are various scenes that could have been tightened up quite a bit when they spend more time than necessary showing off special effects, or the efforts of the model builders; but it’s a ripping yarn overall

Of course they couldn’t have foreseen that the Voyager probes would now have their own Twitter accounts, so we know what’s going on with them as soon as their updates get back to Earth from the interstellar medium

And after that, more of Ófærð: S2E3 and S2E4. I must say, the first season started dragging a bit, but so far this one keeps tearing along at a cracking pace

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I followed the current trend in choosing tonight’s Major Motion Picture, it being ST:TMP, aka Star Trek - The Motion Picture (1979). Pretty sure I haven’t seen this one since it was on telly in the 1980s, though I see from BBC Genome that it was shown a couple of times in the 1990s so I might have seen it then. It’s showing its age of course, and there are various scenes that could have been tightened up quite a bit when they spend more time than necessary showing off special effects, or the efforts of the model builders; but it’s a ripping yarn overall

Morning all if all there be

Dry (currently).

Grey with a white sky.

Sunless.

17.5 deg in here this morning.

Shirts in the WM.

17.5 deg in here this morning.

<hiatus>

^^^^ There's an echo in here.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 February 2020, 08:51.

Comment

Morning all
                  Took off 30 mins late. Arrived 40 mins early. Very smooth for the high speed tail winds. We were doing 780mph over Nova Scotia.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good morning all!

Sunny and cold here at Bolton sur les collines!

It's Friday, not quite 5-to-5 and it certainly isn't crackerjack but it is pay day and it's also early finish (13:00) one of the advantages of working for an engineering company!

Offspring is going to cub camp for the weekend so looking forward to a couple of days of drunken debauchery - I hope the wife doesn't find out!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy 4 degrees

Happy Valentines Day

Card Count - 1

Change of bedding today
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X