• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I’m racking my brains trying to remember a film (or possibly TV show) I saw some time in the last few years. As I recall, it involved somebody (a woman, I think) who had some kind of psychic superpowers, and got roped into some kind of CIA-type stuff because of them. At the end, they were taken by the government to live on an island off the coast of Newfoundland or somewhere really remote like that, because that was far enough away that they were no longer disturbed by everyone else’s thoughts. Something along those lines, anyway. Anybody got any ideas?

Edited to add: I may be wrong about the spy stuff and so on; the bit I remember is them ending up living in the really remote place because of the psychic powers or something like that.
    Absolutely no idea, sorry!

Comment

Storm Dennis doesn't seem to have made his presence felt yet, just a bit breezy out by the looks of it, but there's still time for such excitement.

It being being my birthday today, we are meeting friends for a boozy brunch and then out for some ridiculous bazillion course tasting menu for dinner. Just trying to decide if there's time in between brunch and dinner to go home for a nap.

Comment

It's even wetter and windier now.

I suppose I'd better go to town & buy the grocery requisites in case we get washed away, like.

There's no fecking chance of the walk getting walked today.

Or tomorrow judging by the forecast.

I forgot to mention the stream that was blocked by the deluge on Wednesday night leading to a new stream along the path for knocking on for 200 yards.

Since the path is quite sinuous it was really impressive, especially since it cleared all the leaves & detritus off the path & washed it all the way down to the res.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
          dull
          damp
          meh

Comment

In with the hoi polloi

Got more than slightly wet on the walk down town.

Umbrella useless.

Ho hum.

Comment

Not raining yet. Overcast but not dark ominous clouds. Wind is getting up though.

Comment

Morning all This is what I flew through yesterday.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey damp day, and windy too

It’s not actually raining at the moment, but the rainfall radar shows a massive splodge about to arrive and spend the rest of the day passing over us

Comment

And another trip to the metropolis completed.

Pretty wet whilst wandering around, but the walk home was actually not very wet, as in almost not raining.

Which made a pleasant change.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all This is what I flew over yesterday.
                      ftfy

Comment

Working...
                      X