• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO reported a while ago, before it got dark, that he could see blue skies.

I think I was dozing on the sofa at the time.

Comment

It got quite sunny here too for the last couple of hours before sunset

Still fairly windy though

Comment

Earlier, I carved the rest of Friday’s gammon joint so I could portion it up for freezing. But the aroma was just too good, so tea has been a repeat of Friday: gammon, chips, egg, and beans

And still four large portions in the freezer! Good value, a big gammon joint

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Earlier, I carved the rest of Friday’s gammon joint so I could portion it up for freezing. But the aroma was just too good, so tea has been a repeat of Friday: gammon, chips, egg, and beans

And still four large portions in the freezer! Good value, a big gammon joint
          sssshhh! - the people in THAT subforum will hear you!

dinner has been 2 pork loin chops with a honey and mustard glaze, chips and peas.
          and <for a change> a nice chenin blanc.

dr who was crap <frankenstein based on a time travelling cyberman?- ffs>
          endeavour now.
          so far, so good.

ho hum.
          lots of extra trolls on the tax dodgers threads, but otherwise another boring day.
          maybe a job would help.

Comment

Thought Doctor Who was a bit better than the recent average (this ain't saying much, where's the Black Doctor gone?).

Now watching Endeavour, which is proving to be more inneresting.

Set a couple of years after the "Rivers of Blood" speech.

Noticed a Sony(tm) colour tv in one shot. Turns out they came into the country in 1968.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

We have watched Best Home Cook with the silly fringe woman and now Crazy Delicious which is, frankly, rather nuts. HWMBO does like cookery programmes as he likes to pass judgement or go "ooh that's a good idea"

Comment

Anyone remember wtf Homeland was about?

Coz I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Anyone remember wtf Homeland was about?

Coz I don't.
                  It chopped and changed. I remember her bipolar disorder being a big thing in the first season (or series), but conveniently disappearing thereafter unless it was handy to move the plot along, when it would suddenly reappear.

Other than that, it was mainly about suggesting that all people with light brown skin wanted to kill Americans so needed to be killed first.

Comment

She was banged up in the lubyanka by the Russkies for 200 or so days off her meds before an exchange at the end of the last season.

Apparently the Russkies had been Doing Naughty Things in a presidental election, plainly a complete fantasy.

She's been in some special spook institution for some time, in an attempt to get her back to what passes for her "normal".

Now they're trying to involve her in a peace deal with the Taliban.

This may not end well.

There we are, we're all caught up.

As to the skin colour thing, the Eyeranians and Russkies aren't exactly brown but a lot of them seemed to get offed.

Stone me it was nearly 2 years ago, April 2018, no wonder I can't remember much of it.

Ooooo, looks like she may have spilled some beans to the Russkies.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 February 2020, 23:04.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      She was banged up in the lubyanka by the Russkies for 200 or so days off her meds before an exchange at the end of the last season.

Apparently the Russkies had been Doing Naughty Things in a presidental election, plainly a complete fantasy.

She's been in some special spook institution for some time, in an attempt to get her back to what passes for her "normal".

Now they're trying to involve her in a peace deal with the Taliban.

This may not end well.

There we are, we're all caught up.

As to the skin colour thing, the Eyeranians and Russkies aren't exactly brown but a lot of them seemed to get offed.

Stone me it was nearly 2 years ago, April 2018, no wonder I can't remember much of it.
                      I never saw the bits with the Russians - I appear to have got distracted about two-thirds of the way through series 6 (of 8)

Comment

Working...
                      X