• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment: "ST VI: The Final Frontier The Undiscovered Country" being the final outing (not that sort of outing) of Ye Olde Gange before the new lot came along with "ST VII: Generations".
    Which proved to be most entertaining.

Originally posted by General Chang
    Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war!
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

dinner was fish pie <the usual cheats one>
      and some chablis.
      and more Hill st blues.
      now S1E8

some of the septic angst is becoming irritating now, though.
      who'd've thought it'd be everywhere one day ? <now>

Comment

Dinner was some delightful concoction HWMBO started on at lunch time. Something with beef ribs and barley that he saw on Serious Eats or some such.

The rest of the ribs he bought yesterday are marinading in the fridge in something akin to Asian style marinade.

Comment

I’ve had some lamb neck fillet, from Waitrose no less, lurking in the freezer since my Mum gave to to me in one of the food parcels she weighs me down with when I visit (well, when I leave after visiting). So tonight it was sacrificed to the deity Patak, making a very nice lamb rogan josh

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            and more Hill st blues.
            now S1E8

some of the septic angst is becoming irritating now, though.
            who'd've thought it'd be everywhere one day ? <now>
            Has Belker bitten anyone yet?

I see the pickpocket played by Nick Savage has shown up.

The evening's 2nd feature was, indeed, "ST VII: Generations".

Last one with The Wig Wearing War Criminal.

Not as good as First Contact or The Undiscovered Country.

Amusing enough, Guinan as a distinct plus.

In rather more nauseating news, a thing on the Welsh news about some poor lamb (the woolly kind) that a pair of scumbags have deliberately blinded and broken its back.

Hanging is too fecking good for some people.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 February 2020, 22:33.

Comment

Tonight I went all in on Ófærð with S2E8, S2E9, and S2E10. A very good series, I thought

Goodnight all

Comment

Reasonably warm out, 9 degrees or thereabouts. A bit of a breeze. Light 'spitty' rain started as I walked down to the tube station.

Sunrise is due at 0704, I'll be in the Hounslow area about that time so won't get to see it from the train. Sunset due at 1724.

Sleepy. Time for a nap methinks.

Comment

Morning all!

Daily Report
                  ########

Location - Bolton sur les Collines

Weather - Dark, moderately warm breeze

Mood - Dark, moderately warm

Parish Notes - I'd rather be at home playing with my cat! Updated my CV on TotalJobs yesterday, big mistake! Absolutely inundated - the permy job scene is really taking off in and around Manchester, which is a good thing I suppose, decent salaries too which is another good thing!

Have a good day!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Two women on the tube sat opposite me spent a good ten minutes being very confused by this article in the metro:

Queen wishes Prince Andrew happy 60th with picture of him as a baby | Metro News

Turns out they misread the sentence "Prince Andrew was...the first child born to a reigning monarch for 103 years"

Much discussion about how he wasn't the first as there's Charles and Anne.

It slowly dawned on them that Queenie had two children before King Edward George died and two afterwards. They still remained confused, this time by when she became Queen, how old she was when she had her children, the age gap between Anne and Andrew, etc etc.

Right interrupted my nap they did.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 20 February 2020, 08:49.

Comment

Er, HM Father was George VI. Edward VIII was her uncle.

Morning all

Grey. Extremely grey.

Wet, existentially wet.

Windy, to make sure the wetness is essentially horizontal.

Sunless.

Dark, dank, dreary, dire, dreadful.

Thursday.

The binmen didn't wake me up this morning which was a plus.

Comment

Working...
                      X