• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hail here, or not so far anyway

No fowl either, though occasionally a pigeon perches in the chestnut tree.

Comment

First Freecell result: 93%.

Attempt to go for walk in the sunshine: starts hailing.

2nd Freecell result: 70%

Sun returns.

Walk walked.

Stone me it's cold out there & the wind blows straight through you.

Scarfe & gloves remained on for the duration.

Just heard on PM: "The term "National Park*" may be reminiscent of colonialism".

The entire fecking world has gone mad.

*As in a UK National Park. Am I missing something? Like being woke or what?

<hiatus>

Tea: chili con carne & rice, penultimate portion of the last batch. 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Dunno what to watch this evening, maybe "The Magnificent Seven" with Denzel Washington.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 February 2020, 18:13.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

the divorced wife is a real PITA, too.<hill st blues>

dinner has been quiche lorraine, chips and peas.
          quite nice, and a change.

and a nice merlot.

the IT crowd now, - not sure.

Comment

and, now it's death in paradise.
            another small place with a serious problem

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Dunno what to watch this evening, maybe "The Magnificent Seven" with Denzel Washington.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              And so it came to pass, after the consumption of a little more of yesterday's roast lamb, the recording of "The Magnificent Seven" was watched, being the one with Denzel Washington (rather than Yul Brynner).

The Magnificent Seven (2016) - IMDb

I enjoyed it despite the number of 1* through 4* reviews.

What I wondered was why no one had a Sharps Big 50 rifle handy, rather than all the rather anaemic 44/40 Henrys and Winchester lever actions.
              Which explains why it seems so familiar.

Ooops.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              the divorced wife is a real PITA, too.<hill st blues>
              Oh, Frank's ex Mrs. Yes she does grate a bit. Joyce Davenport on the other hand could have me if she played her cards right.

Last seen in "Lost" way back when.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 February 2020, 21:18.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Luncheon was a jacket potato with cheese and beans from the canteen.

Dinner was more of that bloody cassoulet. With a feta, pecan and beetroot salad.

HWMBO also cooked up the short ribs that had been marinading overnight. Some kind of Korean recipe. He wasn't impressed when I walked in the flat and said it smelled of cabbage.

Chocolate brownies are over half way eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Luncheon was a jacket potato with cheese and beans from the canteen.

Dinner was more of that bloody cassoulet. With a feta, pecan and beetroot salad.

HWMBO also cooked up the short ribs that had been marinading overnight. Some kind of Korean recipe. He wasn't impressed when I walked in the flat and said it smelled of cabbage.

Chocolate brownies are over half way eaten.
                  Kimchi goes with everything Beefy!
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Tonight’s tea has been the remaining leg, wing, and skin off the Big Chicken, reheated, with chips and lashings of ketchup

It’s feeling very cold out, though forgetting my jumper probably didn’t help. Anyway, the recycling bin is not getting trundled tonight, as there’s hardly anything in it this week

Comment

Back to ST:TNG this evening, with Sarek (TV Episode 1990), a good Vulcan-orientated episode

And to follow, a rewatch of S1E1 of Forbrydelsen, aka The Killing

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X