• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Occasional glimmers of sun poking through the clouds, and the rain has stopped, but it’s very windy still

Snow later in the week, allegedly, so there’s that to look forward to

Comment

Sun's out

Lunch: roast turkey leg (one, I made the mistake of cooking two the last time I had them), rice pud (overcooked again), 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Battery given a bit of a charge on the Strangelove Corolla.

Took the opportunity to take a gander at the garage & the shed, both are saturated with damp, the roof of the shed looks like it's leaking again, but that's not my problem any more, the roof & walls of the garage seems to be letting water in.

Must get rid of the redundant Corolla.

House roughly vacced (without bothering to move anything significant, assuming that was possible in the first place, Strangelove Mater would be appalled, but then again she'd have a fit if she saw next door).

Nice show of daffs on the lawn, she'd have liked those (which is the only reason they're still there since they're a pain in the arse later on when lawn mowing. ).
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

First bedding load is just getting to its spin cycle.

Second load ready to go straight in.

Windy out but dry at the moment.

Comment

Afternoon peeps

Weather - sun, 8 degrees

Lunch - Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles

TV - Dr Who, Turn Left

Headphones - Fully Charged

Washing Machine - quiet

ironing - MrsAG might do some either today or tomorrow

Candy Crush - Level 2243
          Married

Comment

I completed Lemmings many weeks ago and have been impatiently waiting for new levels.

In the mean time, I have been playing Angry Birds 2.

Comment

Bed linen load #2 is now entering its spin cycle.

HWMBO has gone home, leaving behind several portions of cassoulet in the freezer and a lovely Korean style glaze that he'd done for the beef ribs.

Now catching up on the TV I like to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
                Turned on some music to start my day
                I lost myself in a familiar song...
                i closed my eyes and i slipped away

Comment

Lunch has been a bowl of the new zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup, and very nice it was. I had thought I might have made it a bit too zingy this time, but it turns out it's just zingy enough

Comment

And it’s turned into quite a pleasant-looking afternoon out there now

Comment

<sing> I see a blue sky and I want to paint it grey </sing>

No need for now it's grey from horizon to horizon with a brighter bit where the sun might be.

If there was one, like.

Another carrier bag full of bottles and cans collected.

It's sommat to do, like.

In other news, I washed the rags I wear around the house.

I might have to darn some of it now.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 February 2020, 16:59.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X