• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Dunno about the entertainment, but I'm tempted to breakout the Hill Street Blues box set, all 47 dvds of it.
    Oddly this turned out to be "Mutiny on the Bounty (1935)" with the chap who couldn't give a damn, and the other chap who had a crush on Esmerelda.

The Tahiti bit drags a bit.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 February 2020, 21:32.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tea: M&S battered chunky haddock, Morrisons kipper fillets (reduced: Dec 29th, I assumed 2019), to be followed by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
      I’ve been trying to decide what to have for tea. Adding whatever the M&S battered chunky fish in the freezer is to the list of options now
      And so it came to pass: M&S chunky battered sea animal (either cod or haddock, but I can’t remember which it was as I don’t keep the box) with chips and beans. Very nice indeed

Still more rain than even sleet, never mind snow, out there

Comment

I noticed the ground was a bit wet earlier but no sign of snow here.

I made pancakes. Too many of course as I had use up all the batter.

They were good enough.

Watched more Wanted Down Under Revisited. Did more "what if" cursory scanning of Australian visas and an even more cursory look at properties and jobs.

Something I noticed with the Wanted... programme is that it seems to be the women wanting to move and the men doing the "well I have to be sure it's practical" thing, and the presenter making it sound like the man has to be convinced it's all going to be ok before he'll grant permission to move. This is even when it's the woman who is going to be the primary applicant and breadwinner.

Comment

"Mutiny on the Bounty(1935)" was amusing enough, almost as amusing as the short documentary about Pitcairn that MGM produced, presumably around 1935 or so.

It showed the islanders using a spark transmitter to contact a ship.

There's a chap on the telly waffling on about how to quarantine yersen.

He didn't mention putting the money in vinegar to kill the plague the way they did back in the day.

The house is stinking of kippers.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Can I be bothered to make pancakes?

I don't have anyone here to make them for me

ours came from Morrisons.

darn depending on a man to make you complete ? shame girl!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

well Slough's finest Cod & Chips served with Waddle Goose Cyder (note the trendy spelling )

replaced the keyboard on my main laptop after Miss V3 spilled drink over it last week so now back to posting shyte on CUK.

Have been watching Monk which is still rather good.

currently watching the 5th wave which is not grabbing my attention.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                it's on all4, freeview.

hth
                That's "on Freeview" in a non broadcast sort of way, I discovered, eventually.

TFBSZ.

Comment

That's "on Freeview" in a non broadcast sort of way, I discovered, eventually.
                  Indeed. Your telly’s probably got the app already installed, or available from its app store; or if not the telly itself, any recent Blu-ray player (and probably recent DVD players, if they still make those)

More Forbrydelsen tonight: S1E6 and S1E7. Lots of smoking in the workplace in it, which seems quite odd now; but it was made in 2007

Goodnight all

Comment

Electrician is here. While he's here fixing things, I'm pumping him for info about LED bulbs as I was under the impression my spot lights weren't compatible.

Cold out. Clear blue skies. Going to be a lovely day but wrap up warm kiddies.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      ours came from Morrisons.

darn depending on a man to make you complete ? shame girl!
                      No dependencies here, just laziness

Comment

Working...
                      X