• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey out, but a bit of sunshine starting to peep through occasionally. Only 3°C out there though

Off to next door for further blood extraction in thirty-five minutes or so. Let’s hope they get it right this time; I could do without having to go every fortnight until they finally make it work

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Sparky claimed that GU10 halogen bulbs can be directly swapped for LED.

I'll pick up a couple and test, as that contradicts what a different sparky told me (that one said the transformers needed to be changed).

If I can directly swap to LED, that would make life a lot easier.
      The light in our main bathroom is 3xGU10 (not on a dimmer). Officially it is not designed for LED lights.

I put GU10 LEDs in as a test. The biggest "issue" is that even when switched off, the lights still glow, but I'm not too worried about that.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

You cooked last night and are not dead! Clearly HWMBO is training you well....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              The light in our main bathroom is 3xGU10 (not on a dimmer). Officially it is not designed for LED lights.

I put GU10 LEDs in as a test. The biggest "issue" is that even when switched off, the lights still glow, but I'm not too worried about that.
              Glow all the time, or just take a long time to turn off?

Comment

Married

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Married

Comment

Sparky claimed that GU10 halogen bulbs can be directly swapped for LED.

I'll pick up a couple and test, as that contradicts what a different sparky told me (that one said the transformers needed to be changed).

If I can directly swap to LED, that would make life a lot easier.

Most transformers have a minimum load of about 20w (YMMV 10w is common on smaller transgformers) and a max of 250w so you swap two 50w halogens (100w load) with two 5w led and you are at 10w below the minimum rating. As led wattages have increased this has become less of an issue. My kitchen has 2 x 3 spot ceiling lights and I had to put 3 x 6w to stop them flickering.Also some transfomers do just not like LEDs. Some LEDs are more tolerant to poor supply.

Megaman have dimmable leds.
                    Last edited by vetran; 26 February 2020, 12:25.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

everybody

Breakfast - nothing special

Weather - cold, might snow later, 4 degrees

Today
                      Coffee and biscuits
                      Telephone Interview
                      Lunch - Pork Belly Adobo and Rice
                      Later - Church
                      Married

Comment

Working...