• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Off to the doc’s
    What for this time?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      What for this time?
      Missed a phone call from the GP’s surgery earlier. I assumed something ominous must have shown up in last week’s blood tests

Just called them back, and they need to do one of the tests again because it got messed up somehow

I forgot to ask which one, but it’s not a fasting one so I suspect it's the potassium test that got messed up last year as well - the nurse told me when doing last year’s repeat test that the lab sometimes leaves them lying around for too long, which screws up the results.
      KUATB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        But can you do nested quotes?
        KUATB
        Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        What for this time?
        Missed a phone call from the GP’s surgery earlier. I assumed something ominous must have shown up in last week’s blood tests

Just called them back, and they need to do one of the tests again because it got messed up somehow

I forgot to ask which one, but it’s not a fasting one so I suspect it's the potassium test that got messed up last year as well - the nurse told me when doing last year’s repeat test that the lab sometimes leaves them lying around for too long, which screws up the results.

Yep
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Off to the doc’s
          Judging from my GP's availability you must have booked your appointment 18 months ago.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Judging from my GP's availability you must have booked your appointment 18 months ago.
            Always useful to pop a few 'just in case' appointments in the diary and then just cancel them if you don't feel ill when the date comes around.

Comment

Always useful to pop a few 'just in case' appointments in the diary and then just cancel them if you don't feel ill when the date comes around.
              Like I intend to do the day before the next CUK meet. If NAT is showing up....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Yep

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Married

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  The light in our main bathroom is 3xGU10 (not on a dimmer). Officially it is not designed for LED lights.

I put GU10 LEDs in as a test. The biggest "issue" is that even when switched off, the lights still glow, but I'm not too worried about that.

its cuz you is cheap

How To Stop LED Lights from Glowing When Off? | Razorlux Lighting

probably worth checking its not faulty wiring otherwise the cyclists will miss your encouragement down your road.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Hurray!

Hopefully they only needed the one armful?
                    Yes, just the potassium arm

I assumed it was high like last year, which is usually down to them messing up the tests, but apparently it was slightly low, which is usually down to one's kidneys messing up

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      its cuz you is cheap

How To Stop LED Lights from Glowing When Off? | Razorlux Lighting

probably worth checking its not faulty wiring otherwise the cyclists will miss your encouragement down your road.
                      That's a septic site. WTF do they know?

In other news:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
                      !

Pulled a muscle in my left calf when nearly at the top of the stagger.

I had the impression it went "bang" giving the impression I'd been shot.

Getting back down from where I was turned out to be inneresting, but the ongoing litter collection proceeded as expected, except it was very slow and quite considerably painful.

It only took an hour to come back down again, inch by fecking inch, foot by fecking foot, yard by fecking yard.

Not improved much when I slipped on some leaves on the road.

Today's collection included a box of empty beer bottles that weren't there yesterday.

Off to see the Doctor at 15:40, so maybe I'll mention this latest joy of living.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 February 2020, 13:39.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X