• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telly today consisted of Monkey Life this afternoon and evening (all six hours of it…) and some thing about forensic science (which I think I’ve seen before) on iPlayer whilst dining. None after that; instead I read assorted stuff on the Internet, mainly about the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 as that seems to be a popular topic at the moment, and then turned for light relief to reading another couple of chapters of The Great Influenza

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Daily Report
      ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Too Dark To See!

Parish Notes - I need to take a trip up to Bolton sur les Collines to collect some test kit. Scrum at 09:30 via WebEx. Got a cough, no doubt the Mrs will let you all know if I drop dead. Little boy is still attending school, the Mrs is still going to work in the morning and the cats are both well.

On a personal note, you chaps and chapesses who are still contracting but not able to WFH look like you're in for some tough times over the next few(will it only be a few?) months and I wish you the best of luck. Speaking with HRH over the weekend I mentioned how lucky we are that I took the permy job a couple of years ago.

Good luck everyone and keep it "sensible" wherever you are and whatever you're doing.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Good luck everyone and keep it "sensible" wherever you are and whatever you're doing.
        Things will have to get really bad before I do sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Things will have to get really bad before I do sensible.
          Very glad to hear it!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            For years now, there’s been times when the other side of the road seems much darker than usual, which in turn seems eerie and ominous

It was only a few weeks ago that I finally worked out what was going on: there’s a carpet shop on the corner of the side road over the way which leaves its window display lights on overnight, but somebody’s messed with a time switch, so every night they turn off at about three minutes to eleven and back on again at three minutes to midnight.

And that’s why I'm sometimes struck by how dark it seems over there: it actually is dark, compared to normal. Nothing eerie or ominous at all now I know

It doesn’t say much for my powers of observation that it’s taken me so many years to finally notice a large illuminated window being dark at the same time every night
            Will that change when we switch to BST? The lights at the front of my building go off at 2200 during GMT and 2300 when we are on BST. The latter time being far too late for my liking.

Comment

Chilly out but not overly so, despite R4 weather saying how cold it is.

Clear skies, dry. A light breeze.

Hard to tell if the tube is significantly quieter than normal. Some mornings, back before the end of days started, it wasn't all that busy.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                For years now, there’s been times when the other side of the road seems much darker than usual, which in turn seems eerie and ominous

It was only a few weeks ago that I finally worked out what was going on: there’s a carpet shop on the corner of the side road over the way which leaves its window display lights on overnight, but somebody’s messed with a time switch, so every night they turn off at about three minutes to eleven and back on again at three minutes to midnight.

And that’s why I'm sometimes struck by how dark it seems over there: it actually is dark, compared to normal. Nothing eerie or ominous at all now I know

It doesn’t say much for my powers of observation that it’s taken me so many years to finally notice a large illuminated window being dark at the same time every night
                You reminded me of Harry Enfield's character Michael Pain......

Comment

Warm and sunny ish here in Manchester....

Happy Mondays.

Comment

I hope project Monday Links will still be going ahead despite the country being in meltdown?

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Blue skies.

Sunny.

Frosty.

Haven't seen frost on the grass for a while.

End of Days and no mistake.

Have to go out this morning for further supplies of Southern Comfort.

Monday apparently, judging by the lying Tory bastard on the wireless.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X