• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I suppose I ought to put the top back on this amp before I electrocute myself.
    Please do - my brother nearly did himself in, tinkering around with the amp he uses for his harmonica playing (his blues band now disbanded for the forseeable). Turns out they're not very compatible with pacemakers...

Comment

Depends on whether there's a bright flash or not.

I reckon it's "Survivors" complete with Brian Blessed.

Though it could be Leg End with Will Smith.

Trust me, I'm a Doctor.

Just so long as it doesn’t end up looking like Cygnus Alpha (also with Brian Blessed).

Comment

I did a relatively good job of building that some 42 years ago, though the leds on the front never got connected to anything.

And the VU meters don't actually indicate volume units as such.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I was going to put a bedding wash on this afternoon but I forgot, so it’s on now

And the bed has been changed, so that’s today’s workout done

Comment

Tea: unusually for a Tuesday was M&S breaded chunky haddock, with a little treat of fried potatoes, followed by orange segments and custard (little thicker so not quite Goldilocks), and 0.92 Imperial pints of good Glengettie tea.

All very nice, especially the fish which hadn't been cooked to death.

The fried potatoes were nice too.

I suspect entertainment may involve more of Sherlock Holmes and the Sign of Four, which there is one John Thaw apparently, though he hasn't appeared yet.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

dinner has been the last of 'lee's mom's curry' from the freezer.
              tomorrow i shall have to re-acquaint myself with cooking.
              i have a kilo of beef mince my neighbour picked up for me yesterday, so a chilli is on the cards for tomorrow, as i've all the necessary for the needful to be done.

and i still have Rioja.

and as we know, Rioja will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no Rioja

to paraphrase the FFFB.

Comment

Experimenting with making apple pies. In the oven now; we shall see how they turn out

Comment

more murders in midsomer.
                  this time with UFO's and a dodgy RAF base CO.

ooer missus.

doesn't look like i'll see my missus for a while <except virtually>.

bummer.
                  oh, well, at least no-one's shooting at us.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Experimenting with making apple pies. In the oven now; we shall see how they turn out
                    Pastry’s a little overdone on top as I left them in slightly too long while dealing with the laundry. But I think that’s mainly the brown caster sugar I sprinkled on top of the egg wash caramelising, so it’ll be fine

They should have cooled down enough for me to sample one by the time I’ve had my tea.

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips, and very nice they were

Too full for pie now. I might have some in a bit, or keep them until tomorrow. As it is, there’s two of them and each one is big enough for two helpings, so looks like I’ll be eating apple pie for a few days to come

Comment

Working...
                      X