• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    is the client septic? they can be tedious.
    they don't have the equivalent of 'contractor' in LaLa land.
    Yes, got it in one!

I've gently reminded them of the cultural difference here.

Comment

Had multiple calls from a pimp yesterday. When I was able to phone back it turned out he was wondering whether I'd be interested in a contract as a gas engineer...

I had him bring up my CV and check what experience he thought I had to recommend me. His response was a rather lame "sometimes people attach the wrong CV to their profile." Yeah, that alternative CV where instead of being a Cisco geek for the past 15 years I was a gas fitter...

Playing with them relieves the tedium a little but isn't as satisfying as it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Now at 32

Comment

Wonder how the people thrown out of work at the three knocking shops massage parlours down the road from me are coping

Comment

Lunch: Heinz sandwich spread() on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower seed & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yogurt, 0.91 imperial pints of good Glengettie tea.

Still no chem trails.

I'm feeling a bit better now, I think I overdid things mowing the lawns yesterday.

Just as well I didn't do the other 3.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Went for a walk.

Beautiful day out. Clear blue sky, a little chilly in the breeze but toasty warm in the sunshine.

Now to think about lunch.

Comment

Lunch has been a smoked pancetta omelette; that’s two more of my precious eggs used up, but it was very nice

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Still no chem trails.
                Depending on the wind direction up at EMA I often get to see the lights of planes coming in from about the point where they cross the A14 out of the corner of my eye as I’m sat in my armchair. Sometimes I look them up on Flightradar24. Turns out I notice them because that’s where they descend through 10,000 feet and put their landing lights on.

But even though the wind’s been in the right direction for the past few days, there’s been very few of them. I suspect the ones I have seen have mainly been DHL, who have a lot of flights coming in from about 11:30pm on.

Comment

Might take my life in my hands and go shopping in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Depending on the wind direction up at EMA I often get to see the lights of planes coming in from about the point where they cross the A14 out of the corner of my eye as I’m sat in my armchair. Sometimes I look them up on Flightradar24. Turns out I notice them because that’s where they descend through 10,000 feet and put their landing lights on.

But even though the wind’s been in the right direction for the past few days, there’s been very few of them. I suspect the ones I have seen have mainly been DHL, who have a lot of flights coming in from about 11:30pm on.
                    I'm under the transatlantic flight path IIRC.

Haven't seen a chem trail for days.

Live Aircraft Flight Tracking Data for the UK

They're all passing north of here.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 March 2020, 13:52.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      I'm under the transatlantic flight path IIRC.

Haven't seen a chem trail for days.

Live Aircraft Flight Tracking Data for the UK

They're all passing north of here.
                      The realtime plane map’s never normally that empty even in the middle of the night

A double-decker bus just went past. A4 notices plastered on each of its windows, presumably telling the people inside not to sit close to each other. It appeared to be empty anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X