• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    yes, but you live in north wales, near madchester and scallyland.

Alot further away from them due to the current roadblocks.

One excuse "I was driving from Scotland to South WAles - I wanted to take the scenic route"....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Alot further away from them due to the current roadblocks.

One excuse "I was driving from Scotland to South WAles - I wanted to take the scenic route"....
      can't WTFH, DrS or bungalow bill lend you a rifle??
      must be boring up there.
      might brighten your day to remove a numpty or two.

just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Chinese ordered online. It’s like living in the 21st century!

Also, 10% discount for first online order

Off there now as I just got a text saying it’ll be ready in ten minutes
        And very nice it was, as always

I needn’t have bothered with all that Internet malarkey though. When I got there one of the drivers was just waiting for a couple of large orders to be ready, so I told the new owner I’d ordered online. She’s still new enough to get a bit flustered doing five things at once, so tried to find my order, but realised the only bits she could find were parts of the delivery order, so called on Janet, the previous owner who was helping in the kitchen.

It turned out that, due to general kerfuffle and the confusion of having incoming orders from several different online ordering places coming in on different machines, nobody had actually noticed my order in the first place

So it was no different to just going there and ordering as normal. Once the driver had left with his orders, I sat at the end of the room furthest away from the counter (rather than next to the fish tank where I usually wait) as the new owner and I chatted about pandemic stuff. Oh, and I didn’t hand over any cash, having already paid online.

I suspect that next week, barring any new regulations being imposed, I’m just going to go there as usual

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          can't WTFH, DrS or bungalow bill lend you a rifle??
          must be boring up there.
          might brighten your day to remove a numpty or two.

just a thought.

I wish! I have been super busy with a big work project. On the odd occasion out, it isvery quiet. Just as I like it. I hate all those f**kin tourists coming round. Just because it is one of the nicest bits of the UK. They can all *** off and leave me in peace.

Of course, tpd posters are always welcome to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            . Just because it is one of the nicest bits of the UK.

Of course, tpd posters are always welcome to visit.
            aye, - right!

Comment

Shaun of the dead finished. Now on hot fuzz.

DS1 has popped down to watch.

Comment

Watching MasterChef. Someone did a chocolate fondant correctly!

Comment

i get bored with these cooky programs.
                  all that fuss for two mouthfulls of food.

Comment

Ah yes, Belker's dad had Al Zheimer's disease IIRC.

Was that the ep where his dad was throwing pineapple about?

The pineapple in question being tinned.

The evening's entertainment concluded with "The Second Strain" and "The Musgrave Ritual", of which I have no recall whatever.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Got late early tonight, didn't it?
                      Happened again

Tonight’s viewing, as one might easily have predicted from last night's, was Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) and War for the Planet of the Apes (2017). Spoiler alert: the apes hold the moral high ground

The relative quietness outside is starting to seem normal now

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X