• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ella the gibbon has had a successful cataract operation and is swinging around freely now she can see where she’s going

It was done by the same human eye surgeon who fixed chimp Lola’s cataract recently. She’d been losing status in the group because of her poor eyesight, but she’s back in her rightful place in the hierarchy now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Ella the gibbon has had a successful cataract operation and is swinging around freely now she can see where she’s going

It was done by the same human eye surgeon who fixed chimp Lola’s cataract recently. She’d been losing status in the group because of her poor eyesight, but she’s back in her rightful place in the hierarchy now

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
        Also it was quite badly cut, scene where the chopper pilot leaves the helicopter and freezes to death, and others
        It is quite annoying when you know what scenes should be in a film but the TV version is mangled to fit the schedule.

Comment

The air from outside may be nice and fresh but it’s not very warm, so the window has been closed

Comment

A few flurries of snow outside while I was splitting logs. The Wife (tm) has been on phone calls all day about that pesky virus thing.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Snow here too at about midday. 6°C outside so never going to settle. Then the sun came out.

Covid-Snow feck off.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

couple of hail showers in sarf herts.
                sunny again, now.
                and a very nice young ex-squaddy friend has brought me supplies of beer, eggs, bread, milk, tea and sugar which i would have had struggled to cart up the feckin hill i live at the top of.

he's also delivered to my partner.

Comment

Quite sunny here now. No rain, hail, sleet, or snow forecast

Comment

Hey Brillo, I could do with your help...

My wife says that as from tomorrow, if she sleeps with me she might kill me*. Based on your past experiences, how should I handle this?

*Note, this is due to where she needs to work over the next few days/weeks.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                      qwerty
                      asdfasdf

Sunday afternoon shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons, done, dusted, disinfected, and put away.

A Lot of Milk (skimmed) was purchased, just in case I don't make it next Sunday.

Bunch of daffs bought for the parents' grave since it's 4 years since Strangelove Mater popped her clogs that Easter Sunday 2016.

One of the bottles of sodawater from Tesco sprang a leak so I used that one to water whatever the feck bulbs are coming up on the grave.

The little note on the grandparents' grave hasn't been touched.

It's fecking freezing out there & blowing half a gale when it gets around to it.

Sunny though about 10 or 12 degrees colder than last week.

The 100mA charge from the solar panel isn't enough to encourage the battery to start the car, so the battery charger was employed once more.

<hiatus whilst handcream was applied>

Oh, that's better, the combination of handwashing and hand sanitising is pretty hard on the skin.

Tesco will sell you dvds/blurays, whilst Morrisons won't.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 March 2020, 15:08.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X