• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    There's a star map app you can get for your phone. Download that and point it at the bit of sky you're interested in and you'll soon find out if the bright spot is a planet or something else
    Cheers MS. Has a look at that but don't think it can work as my (cheap, typical!) Android phone as it hasn't got a compass.

Ah! There's a PC sky map here. Set your observing location - In-The-Sky.org
    Looks as if it is Venus from relative position to moon. Wonder why I never see it when it's anywhere else.

Have to find something else exciting to do now. Count dust mites or something.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 29 March 2020, 22:01.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Waitrose today, and another nice shopping experience, all people 2m apart, only letting so many into the shop, so fingers crossed none of the covidots can't panic/hoard buy anymore. Managed to get all on the list with a few other bits, (Eccles cakes are essential, don't @ me!).

Only thing I can't find is the kids calpol.

went to in-laws to drop off more food goods and swap kids bike as one needs fixed so it gives FIL something to do.

More Plan B.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Funny the things you occupy your mind with when you're stuck indoors on yer tod.

Never been into astronomy and always assumed the bright spot I could always see out my bedroom window was Venus or summit. But a star or planet wouldn't always be in the same place would it? Yet it's much too high up to be on a building or tower, well above the light at top of the local phone mast at top of the hill, and it's not a plane as it doesn't move. Odd.

No they all move around. Star above the Moon this week is Venus.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Cheers MS. Has a look at that but don't think it can work as my (cheap, typical!) Android phone as it hasn't got a compass.

Ah! There's a PC sky map here. Set your observing location - In-The-Sky.org
          Looks as if it is Venus from relative position to moon. Wonder why I never see it when it's anywhere else. It's nowhere near the horizon as that link suggests though!

Have to find something else exciting to do now. Count dust mites or something.
          Venus is extremely high at the moment compared to usual - it was level with the moon last night (where I am, at any rate)

Comment

1976 LWT Commercial Break : Internet Archive

“A 1976 British commercial break taped off television station LWT by actor Reg Varney (he doesn't appear in the ads, but was taping a show he appeared in). Includes commercials for: Lux soap, Skol lager, Princes beef spread, Sure deodorant, Martini drink.”

Comment

Ah! That Venus thing reminds me. I've forgotten to put the clocks forward. Let's see, cooker, 2 microwaves and 1 clock in kitchen, 1 clock in front room, 4 in bedroom, 1 in spare room, 1 by front door, 1 in office, 1 in conservatory, 1 in garage, 2 in greenhouse, 1 in shed, 1 in van, landline remote phone. By the time I've put them all forward it will be time to put them back again.

Aaaagh. And the timers on the office heater and the Freesat recorder. I wondered why the BBC news didn't record. Not that I miss it at mo.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 29 March 2020, 22:16.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The evening's entertainment following the dyspepsia inducing tea:

"The man with the twisted lip" being the tale of a chap who finds out that begging pays 5 or 6 times what he earns as a newspaper reporter.

"The abbey grange".

"The Six Napoleons" being a tale to which much whistling of the theme to "The Godfather" seemed appropriate, also featuring a very young Marina Sirtis as A Wronged Woman. Unlike her appearance in "Death Wish 3" (the one with Wildey in it), she kept her clothes on and wasn't raped or murdered.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 March 2020, 22:22.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight viewing was just some more of the thing about Stoke police on iPlayer whilst dining, and later some TV commercials from the 1970s on the Internet Archive

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Daily Report
                    ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Dull and Grey

Parish Notes - Wife still going to work - Civil Service still putting my family at risk - f*ckers!
                    Getting sick of working from home.
                    Bought the offspring a PS4 yesterday - should arrive at some time today. Then I'm having half a day off to play Crash Team Racing!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

morning
                      dull
                      grey
                      monday
                      meh.

Comment

Working...
                      X