• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dinner has been irish black pudding x 2, fried egg x 2, chips x lots, and peas x evenlotsmore.

stuffed now.

room for rioja though, strangely enough.

bloody busy at work today.
    knackered i am.

UC later, then something else.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      dinner has been irish black pudding x 2, fried egg x 2, chips x lots, and peas x evenlotsmore.

stuffed now.

room for rioja though, strangely enough.

bloody busy at work today.
      knackered i am.

UC later, then something else.
      That sounds delish!

Comment

Had a fun game of cards against humanity over WhatsApp

Now watching BBC iPlayer - Storyville - Maiden: War on the Waves about Tracey Edwards and her skippering of the first all female crew to tackle the Whitbread round the world boat race

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          That sounds delish!
          oh, i forgot.
          @brillo, - lots and lots of manly HP sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Now contemplating Sherlock Holmes and the Black Pearl of Death for the evening's entertainment.

It involves standing on a chair to reach so I you don't hear from me you'll know I fell over & killed myself.

After a freecell score like that it would be a mercy.
            I survived the standing on the chair, thanks for asking.

Now wondering why Nigel Bruce played Watson as a moron?

Other than that, it was amusing enough in its out of time 1944 sort of way.

Next up "The Devil's Foot" with Jeremy Brett.

That's once the thing about Putin on 4 is done & dusted.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I survived the standing on the chair, thanks for asking.

Now wondering why Nigel Bruce played Watson as a moron?
              I’m not sure, but I think as the series of Rathbone/Bruce films went on he was portrayed more and more that way - maybe the studio chiefs, with their usual low opinion of their audience, thought it added a bit of comedy to the mix?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Had a fun game of cards against humanity over WhatsApp

Now watching BBC iPlayer - Storyville - Maiden: War on the Waves about Tracey Edwards and her skippering of the first all female crew to tackle the Whitbread round the world boat race
                This was really good! Featured interviews with the scathing naysayer (male) journalists and other crews who all thought a bunch of wimmin couldn't get a boat out of Portsmouth harbour, let alone round the world.

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips, just for a change

Showers out there now

Our police force seems to be taking a more sensible approach to policing the new public health regulations than some others - no reports (that I’m aware of) of cars being stopped so the drivers can be told off for having the temerity to be outside their home, and I haven’t seen any pedestrians getting stopped over the road and told that a kebab is non-essential

Comment

The Wife (tm) was late home tonight. One of the nurses (who was about 60) had a stroke during the session that was dealing with how to safely move bodies.
                    None of the guidance is about recovery, it’s all about easing the pain of the last few days/hours, without family or friends.

We were discussing how most of the nurses that are going to be working over the next few months are going to be left with psychological traumas that possibly only the military Are trained how to deal with.

In more positive news, my dad has been told he’s not allowed to leave home for 12 weeks, but neighbours are already geared up to help him.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      The Wife (tm) was late home tonight. One of the nurses (who was about 60) had a stroke during the session that was dealing with how to safely move bodies.
                      None of the guidance is about recovery, it’s all about easing the pain of the last few days/hours, without family or friends.

We were discussing how most of the nurses that are going to be working over the next few months are going to be left with psychological traumas that possibly only the military Are trained how to deal with.

In more positive news, my dad has been told he’s not allowed to leave home for 12 weeks, but neighbours are already geared up to help him.
                      Hope The Wife (tm) is ok.

Did she go through one of those decontamination procedures you see in fillums before coming into the house? I'm envisioning something like this out the front of your house:

Comment

Working...
                      X