• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently watching the end of "True Romance".

It turns into a blood bath shortly.

<hiatus>

Indeed, as predicted, it did.

But a blood bath with a happy ending, so that was ok.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 March 2020, 22:19.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Will that change when we switch to BST? The lights at the front of my building go off at 2200 during GMT and 2300 when we are on BST. The latter time being far too late for my liking.
      The answer, it turns out, is that it didn’t change in that it happens at the same time in UTC, meaning it appears to change from the perspective of BST: the lights went off just before midnight BST and came back on a few minutes ago

Comment

Tonight’s viewing was more of Forbrydelsen: S3E7 and S3E8. They’re getting close now…

Goodnight all

Comment

I had, like, w*rk to do
          No swearing please...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Why not have a quiet night in?
            Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            great idea! - i think i'll do that, too
            If only a comedy show could do a sketch about that? Maybe set in a prison?

No - it would never work....

Comment

morning

CBS and KB in shiny sarf herts

tuesday

Comment

Crikey. Decided to have a go at a short exercise routine based on ballet moves. I lasted 9 minutes and 55 seconds into a 17 minute workout.

Yet I can walk for fecking miles up hill and down dale. What gives?
                Different muscles. It is good to do different routines - it keeps the body guessing.

At least your aerobic fitness should be good?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  The late afternoon's freecell score was 90% until the zone zoned out & it descended rapidly into disaster, I didn't look but 50% sounds reasonable.

It involves standing on a chair to reach so I you don't hear from me you'll know I fell over & killed myself.

After a freecell score like that it would be a mercy.
                  Well you have let yourself down, tpd down, CUK down and probably the whole internet too....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    oh, i forgot.
                    @brillo, - lots and lots of manly HP sauce.
                    I think I preferred DrS getting 50% on freecell....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      The Wife (tm) was late home tonight. One of the nurses (who was about 60) had a stroke during the session that was dealing with how to safely move bodies.
                      None of the guidance is about recovery, it’s all about easing the pain of the last few days/hours, without family or friends.

We were discussing how most of the nurses that are going to be working over the next few months are going to be left with psychological traumas that possibly only the military Are trained how to deal with.

In more positive news, my dad has been told he’s not allowed to leave home for 12 weeks, but neighbours are already geared up to help him.

Comment

Working...
                      X