• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to make my bread and butter pudding. It's a sad HCB that needs me to add extra fruit to the pudding but that's why it's being baked to make it edible.

Opened the drinks cupbard to select a booze to add. Cognac. Perfect.

Except the bottle is empty. HWMBO drank it all and put the empty bottle in the cupbard rather than the bin.

He has been reprimanded.

I used some of his whiskey in the B&P pudding.

Comment

dinner was a fish finger sarnie.
      wiv HP sauce.
      yum.
      just posted a risque pic in funny pics.
      probably get deleted.
      and i'll get barred.
      still, with the sheer number of newbies spreading doom and gloom with every thread, that's probably not a bad thing.
      do they really think whining on an online forum is going to fix anything?

jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        dinner was a fish finger sarnie.
        wiv HP sauce.
        yum.
        just posted a risque pic in funny pics.
        probably get deleted.
        and i'll get barred.
        still, with the sheer number of newbies spreading doom and gloom with every thread, that's probably not a bad thing.
        do they really think whining on an online forum is going to fix anything?

jeez.
        Well the thread title does say keep it PG13 which is a non-existent classification.

But, considering most 13 year olds swear worse than my dear departed gran, I'd be surprised if you got a ticking off for that.

Comment

Eight o’clock and it’s not completely dark yet

Some shenanigans going on with time, I reckon

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I went to make my bread and butter pudding. It's a sad HCB that needs me to add extra fruit to the pudding but that's why it's being baked to make it edible.

Opened the drinks cupbard to select a booze to add. Cognac. Perfect.

Except the bottle is empty. HWMBO drank it all and put the empty bottle in the cupbard rather than the bin.

He has been reprimanded.

Serve him right for pulling a stunt like that

Comment

I did notice it being a bit lighter.

I have had two portions of B&B pudding which isn't really a proper dinner.

I had grand plans for fishcakes, greens and spuds for tea. Never mind.

Comment

I did notice it being a bit lighter.

I have had two portions of B&B pudding which isn't really a proper dinner.

I had grand plans for fishcakes, greens and spuds for tea. Never mind.
              There is always tomorrow or Thursday.

After that the fish will probably have gone off.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That's darn cheeky
                I suspect I'm seeing the usual shenanigans involved with price setting where there's me, ConsultancyCo and ClientCo in the mix. I pushed back with a more realistic idea of rate (and clarified it was excluding VAT so they can't pull that trick). To her credit their internal recruiter type agreed to present all of this instead of just saying no.

Given it's the septics I suspect there are many subtleties of cultural difference they don't understand.

For my part I know how low I can go before needing to walk away. It's higher than their original offer but not unreasonable. In the current climate there's a balance to be struck between self-respect and cutting your own throat.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  65 and 146. The walls are holding…
                  It’s gone up to 89 and 170!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    There is always tomorrow or Thursday.

After that the fish will probably have gone off.
                    They're in the freezer. I have vowed to not go food shopping until the freezer is empty.

Comment

Hopefully not the good stuff!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X