• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just got an email from M&S telling me the Food Hall at the store I usually go to is open, they have lots of food, and they’re usually a bit quieter in the afternoon so there’s no need to get there early; and would I PLEASE JUST GO THERE AND BUY SOME OF THIS DAMN FOOD! because they’ve got to get rid of it somehow, or words to that effect
    I hope they give the rest to food bank or homeless.

Comment

My phone does not accept notifications between 7pm and 5am. I just checked it anyway. 5 messages from my boss - well one of my bosses. I was able to send a reply so he thinks I am still around - good to maintain the fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        My phone does not accept notifications between 7pm and 5am. I just checked it anyway. 5 messages from my boss - well one of my bosses. I was able to send a reply so he thinks I am still around - good to maintain the fantasy.
        And another one I solved tonight. Sybase ASE. Trying to do something like: -
        delete t1
        from t1, t2
        where t1.c1 = t2.c1
        and t1.c2 = "0"

Even though it should delete no rows, and an index on C2, it stil took ~20 minutes. 2 billion rows in each table and sybase sometimes gets really confused. I suppose I do too - but I am elderly too so I should be more understanding.

Comment

Has LM trundled the bins?

Mind you, when she trundles next Tuesday, I bet she puts her back out. I wonder if the bin men will call her an ambulance when they see that many empty gin bottles?

Comment

Still no BR14. Has he drowned himself in HP sauce?

The last time he was away for this long he had fallen off his bike...

Comment

We all went outside at 8pm and clapped. Kept the kids occupied for about 30 seconds. I even got a saucepan and wooden spoon!

Why can't we give NHS workers an extra 20% instead?

Comment

Am I right in think over 200 posts today in tpd?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tonight’s main feature was a rewatch of the excellent Margin Call (2011), as it’s currently on BBC iPlayer, and the Beeb have gone to the trouble of providing the subtitles that the official releases have otherwise not bothered with. A cracking film

And after that, I was inveigled by the iPlayer app’s suggestions into watching Panorama - Lockdown UK. I reckon this could come in handy for filmmakers seeking real-world footage to use in future adaptations of the first few chapters of certain John Wyndham novels

I had the subjective impression that there seemed to be a bit more road traffic over the last couple of days, and that seemed to be confirmed by the graph showing an uptick at HMG’s press conference today. I hope that doesn’t mean more roadblocks before I get round to going to the shops for “essentials”

Goodnight all
                  #325643 - first post of tpd today....

Comment

Am I right in think over 200 posts today in tpd?
                    #325643 - first post of tpd today....
                    So at least 220 posts today....

Comment

Shepherds pie for dinner! Very tasty.

Also, I washed a bath robe and MrsBP's towel! I am turning into a domestic goddess....

Comment

Working...
                      X