• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Ooh, in better news, I have my NHS Responders thingy approved and am ready to go. Before anyone thinks i've gone soft or am actually a decent human specimen, don't. There are all sorts of selfish reasons a person may want to do this, and i'm using all of them.

Clearly they will let anyone in.
    Took me all of 10 seconds to work out what one of these may be and I know you are not doing it just for the free PPE.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Took me all of 10 seconds to work out what one of these may be and I know you are not doing it just for the free PPE.
      That and getting out of the house maybe?

Comment

Was always more than happy to help over any holiday period, as long as they were happy with my bank holiday rate, which was usually double.
        CBA to charge more for BH as to me it's just another day.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          CBA to charge more for BH as to me it's just another day.
          AYCOTBAC

However, at least you are working currently, so good for you
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

AYCOTBAC

However, at least you are working currently, so good for you
            Just a different opinion!

I don't see next Friday as being of a different value to today. The way I see it, I would lose more money by not working it vs a normal Friday off as the cost of everything around bank holidays is more expensive.

Comment

New Work Chair purchased...erm

Doesn't tilt (as advertised). The back reclines - not the same
              Seat doesn't go low enough for my short legs to touch the ground
              Armrests do not go high enough

Thanks to Amazon's returns policy, it will be going back - I will continue to use one of umpteen dining room chairs.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Just a different opinion!

I don't see next Friday as being of a different value to today. The way I see it, I would lose more money by not working it vs a normal Friday off as the cost of everything around bank holidays is more expensive.
                Normally I would argue the point but as next Friday and Monday are going to no different from the previous Monday or the following Tuesday you may as well take the cash and treat them as normal days.

Next Thursday I should be heading to Milan for a week - hey ho...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  New Work Chair purchased...erm

Doesn't tilt (as advertised). The back reclines - not the same
                  Seat doesn't go low enough for my short legs to touch the ground
                  Armrests do not go high enough

Thanks to Amazon's returns policy, it will be going back - I will continue to use one of umpteen dining room chairs.
                  Just hit ebay and purchase one of the many aeron chairs you can find on there. Mines going fine after 10+ years of usage
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

One of the lovely pies the MIL bought over, in the sealed boot, for tea today.
                    She bought us fruit ones before from the same place and they were very nice.

We have to catch up on video conference to cheer her up on occasion, although retired she is a very busy woman on all sorts of committees and some such.

The FIL is a different beast and has his own room where he spends the day, with jazz playing and viewing a number of different media on several silent screens at the same time.
                    Most of the family, apart from me and the MILs brother, when back over from Jamaica, aren't really allowed in the room.

I have to say I am missing those afternoon drinking sessions with him
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

One of the lovely pies the MIL bought over, in the sealed boot, for tea today.
                      She bought us fruit ones before from the same place and they were very nice.

We have to catch up on video conference to cheer her up on occasion, although retired she is a very busy woman on all sorts of committees and some such.

The FIL is a different beast and has his own room where he spends the day, with jazz playing and viewing a number of different media on several silent screens at the same time.
                      Most of the family, apart from me and the MILs brother, when back over from Jamaica, aren't really allowed in the room.

I have to say I am missing those afternoon drinking sessions with him
                      I wonder why only men are allowed in there...

Comment

Working...
                      X