• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Evening all

I spent a lot of the day gardening, while The Wife (tm) spent an hour or so on a Zoom call with senior people from an organisation that is one of the biggest employers in the world/
    I wish I hadn’t overheard bits of the conversation.
    The UK is reporting we have better standards of PPE than WHO say we need. This is because currently the UK doesn’t have stock of the right stuff, so is using the better stuff. When we run out, we have nothing.
    The UK hasn’t advised funeral directors on how to deal with the bodies. They get double bagged in the hospitals then the FDs are treating them normally.
    There’s going to be an increase in CV-19 in the funeral industry.

I heard other stuff that makes me worried/scared, but The Wife (tm) has given me the look of “you didn’t hear that”
    FFS

I believe people are having trouble dealing with the actual reality of the situation.

The amount of stupidity going on now is just mind-blowing and I'm sure that personally, even though I've done quite a bit of research, Im only aware of half of it.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Coldish.

White sky.

Sunless.

Intermittently windy.

Apparently Sunday judging by the ranting on the wireless.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        FFS

I believe people are having trouble dealing with the actual reality of the situation.

The amount of stupidity going on now is just mind-blowing and I'm sure that personally, even though I've done quite a bit of research, Im only aware of half of it.
        I was talking to the plumber at Sandringham a good few weeks ago who was telling me that Covid19 could be transmitted from the lungs of cadavers when they're being moved. If he was aware of that, surely the undertakers are too?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
          I was talking to the plumber at Sandringham a good few weeks ago who was telling me that Covid19 could be transmitted from the lungs of cadavers when they're being moved. If he was aware of that, surely the undertakers are too?
          It's just pure common sense to suggest that it could be an issue.
          Just because someone is dead, it doesn't mean that the virus still does not live within.

Maybe, we are just going through a phase of natural selection due to lack of education and people believing the out pouring, of the likes of Amanda Holden, on social media
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            It's just pure common sense to suggest that it could be an issue.
            Just because someone is dead, it doesn't mean that the virus still does not live within.

Maybe, we are just going through a phase of natural selection due to lack of education and people believing the out pouring, of the likes of Amanda Holden, on social media
            Yes, that's what I was meaning.

Holden - she should be expecting a 'compromat' release before the end of the year

Anyway, i'm away to sit in the sun with the papers. Let's see if any drooling apes have criticised the Mrs before she's even broadcast. Saw one last week - moaning about setting a bad example by moving to a second home. Idiots, the country's in lock down - there's much more booze at Windsor than Sandringham.

Comment

On which cheerful note:

Smallpox extinction – a note of caution | New Scientist

Climate Threat: Thawing Tundra Releases Infected Corpses | Live Science

Is Undead Smallpox Reemerging From Siberian Graves? - VICE

I suppose I'd better get lunch underway.

Lamb today according to what's printed on the plastic bag.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 April 2020, 09:33.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sunny out

Lots of birds a tweeting.

Wish the people walking past my window would shut up so I could hear them.

I was going to have a little BBQ on my patio today. Forgot to get anything out of the freezer so that's off.

Comment

Bed stripped for sheets change day.

My sofa blanket is in the WM.

Comment

Checked the sourdough starter.

Bubbles!

Topped up and put back in its happy place.

Next weekend I may be making bread, must get some flour in.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, 17°C, light breeze to keep the fresh air flowing

Comment

Working...
                      X