• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some to put on the list:

2020 Audi Q8 Review | Top Gear

2020 Jaguar F-Pace Review | Top Gear

2020 Maserati Levante Review | Top Gear

Mercedes-Benz GLC 63 AMG Review | Top Gear

...there is one other car, but it's not as big as the Q7/Q8/XC90, has a tiny 2.9l V6 petrol engine etc, but probably not the kind of car you'd want.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      you the Polis??

1990s:
      What's the reason for the NI Police's name? Because they are, you see.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Some to put on the list:

2020 Audi Q8 Review | Top Gear No

2020 Jaguar F-Pace Review | Top Gear No

2020 Maserati Levante Review | Top Gear No

Mercedes-Benz GLC 63 AMG Review | Top Gear No

...there is one other car, but it's not as big as the Q7/Q8/XC90, has a tiny 2.9l V6 petrol engine etc, but probably not the kind of car you'd want.
        I was initially looking at the Alfa and also for a fleeting moment the Cupra Ateca - then I realised that I'm not really looking for a hooligan tool.

I'm looking for a large comfortable car to get on and off campsites, may pull a caravan or boat.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny day out, currently at 17°C and climbing

Comment

Lovely and hot today, Mrs MM and I had a walk to the butchers.

Luckily the Smithfields hoarders have now filled their freezers and left some for our local shop.

2 fillet steaks, 4 large pork belly slices, 12 sausages and 2 packs of thick back bacon were duly purchased.

Think I'm going to go for Chinese style with the pork belly and boil it in stock first.
            It will the be marinaded and roasted in the oven after.

Hmmm, not a job for today, as I have chicken soup to make
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Cloud breaking nicely here, shorts and t-shirt weather. Braving the shops soon, bread, Coke, bacon - the essentials.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Lovely and hot today, Mrs MM and I had a walk to the butchers.

Luckily the Smithfields hoarders have now filled their freezers and left some for our local shop.

2 fillet steaks, 4 large pork belly slices, 12 sausages and 2 packs of thick back bacon were duly purchased.

Think I'm going to go for Chinese style with the pork belly and boil it in stock first.
                It will the be marinaded and roasted in the oven after.

Hmmm, not a job for today, as I have chicken soup to make
                got a recipe for that? sounds rather scrumptious.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  I was initially looking at the Alfa and also for a fleeting moment the Cupra Ateca - then I realised that I'm not really looking for a hooligan tool.

I'm looking for a large comfortable car to get on and off campsites, may pull a caravan or boat.

The Alfa isn't a hooligan tool, although the Skoda Ateca is.
                  Hooligans don't buy Alfas because they were told that 40 years ago Alfas rusted, therefore they must be very unreliable today.

So, why rule out the Levante/Jag/Merc?

Comment

Gnoll Park closed.

Cemetery closed.

Footpaths closed.

I thought we were supposed to be getting exercise?

Walked all the way up the unclosed road to the top pond.

Sadly enough, the toad/frog spawn I put in the "everlasting" puddle proved futile as the puddle wasn't "everlasting" in the recent drought.

Ho hum.

Still I tried.

Better to have tried and failed that never to have tried at all.

The Leg complained a bit at the top, but seems ok at the moment, thanks for asking.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      got a recipe for that? sounds rather scrumptious.
                      Sure

It's going to be similar to this one.....

Sticky Chinese Pork Belly PLUS VIDEO! - Nicky's Kitchen Sanctuary

Apart from:

Ill leave the pork belly slices whole and boil in stock as per the above recipe.

Once boiled in stock I will apply a similar marinade, brown sugar, honey, a little cider vinegar (as I have no rice wine), garlic, ginger, maybe some 5 spice, salt and pepper.

Chilly doesn't work well for the Mrs, so will leave that out.

Preferably, Ill leave overnight marinading in the fridge.

Will then roast at 180, rather than fry, probably will be around 40 minutes or so. YMMV.

The Korean place up the road does excellent ribs, but due to lack of work, for both of us, I'm not paying anyone to cook for me, ATM.

The good news on that front is the Mrs. application to be a BCS assessor is progressing well.
                      For one student a portfolio assessment takes a day, which pays £500 and can done from home on a sole trader basis.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X