• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, dinner was forfeited.

I know I ate a mini double decker and the last few pink wafer biscuits.

I can't remember what else, if anything.

Comment

Now I see there is a drivelling opportunity and the usual suspects are being suspiciously absent.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

And what is it you promised to do and failed so far to deliver?
        Yada yada yada...

Guinea fowl egg in the middle, large chicken egg on the right:

Both poached by The Wife (tm):

Tayla’s egg in the middle, Jamie’s on the left, Babylonstoren wine cork for size:
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I managed to get an Ocado order in for Saturday morning.

Hopefully, the things I couldn't get today will be delivered then.
          Last edited by ladymuck; 8 April 2020, 21:49.

Comment

In other news, my dad (approaching 85, in lockdown) sent an email through tonight of a poem he wrote about being in lockdown.

Unlike me, it’s clear his mental faculties are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Yada yada yada...

Do they taste any different? There's definitely something 'non-chicken' about duck eggs, ISTR

Comment

Eggy ommm.
                They taste similar to our chicken eggs, but then our chucks lay eggs that are proper free range, so they don’t taste like supermarket ones.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Entertainment: "The Three Gables", "The Dying Detective", and possibly more of TAOM ep 2.
                  And so it transpired, with the addition of the thing on 4 about The Virus and another thing on BBC4 about Pandemics.

Of which TAOM ep 2 was the more inneresting it must be said.

Today's ep covered the change from nomadism to farming.

Taking in places that one wouldn't go to any more.

Who'd have thunk that Afghanistan had an Olympic Committee back then?
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    And so it transpired, with the addition of the thing on 4 about The Virus and another thing on BBC4 about Pandemics.

Of which TAOM ep 2 was the more inneresting it must be said.

Today's ep covered the change from nomadism to farming.

Taking in places that one wouldn't go to any more.

Who'd have thunk that Afghanistan had an Olympic Committee back then?
                    Was definitely a totally different country in the 1960s, beautiful, relaxed and friendly people.

A few of my Dad's friends loved it out there, how things change, eh?
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Tonight’s viewing, apart from a bit of the iPlayer thing about the police in Stoke whilst dining, was The Day After Tomorrow (2004), complete, without TV edits. It makes a nice change to watch a cataclysmic force of nature that you can actually see overwhelming mankind; so different to our humdrum, everyday lives with an invisible one

I believe this was the first evening this year that I didn’t put the fire on at all. Last night, and I think one or two other nights recently, it only went on for a little while later at night to take the chill off; but tonight, it would have been positively unwelcome, which I assume is another sign that spring is here

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X