• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Nah, it's a double sized coffee...
    what size is a coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      what size is a coffee?
      Depends

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

what size is a coffee?
        75ml, give or take

And a lungo is around 150ml

In Italy you don't order an espresso, you order a coffee. If you want anything other than an espresso, then you order that by name.
        Coffee = espresso
        Dopio = 2 espresso shots
        Ristretto = espresso with half the water
        Lungo = espresso with twice the water
        Crema = espresso in a mug with lots of water
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

glad i don't live there then

Comment

what size is a coffee?
            Well... be prepared for hipster tat...

13 Most Common Espresso Drinks In the World - Ag Ferrari

And that's not an exhaustive list either...

Comment

And a lungo is a long black in Oz/NZ

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny, though there’s a kind of high hazy cloud here and there so we’re only up to 14°C so far

Air smells nice and fresh and springlike though, which it turns out isn’t at all like the smell of fabric conditioner

Comment

Last evening's peering out of the bedroom window in the gathering dusk revealed a bat flying along the canal at treetop height, obviously one of the crepuscular ones.

This morning's peering out of the bedroom window once it had got light revealed the nuthatch was feeding merrily on the peanuts.

Just now peering out of the bedroom window revealed a long tailed tit busily consuming peanuts.

Having snoozed away in my chair for a couple of hours I may go for a walk a little later.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    No trundling today. Good Friday is one of the rare bank holidays that doesn't have a refuse collection.
                    Ours are collecting as usual, Bank Holiday be damned

Comment

And this is why I hate collaborative work on the OU.

Between me and someone else (who claims to be adept at reading technical papers yet cited something so badly I completely misinterpreted its meaning) we had to come up with 500 words on the cell pathology of Huntington's.

I did about 234 words about the effect of mutant huntingtin fragments on the cell's ability to produce BDNF which has a role to play maintaining good synapses in the basal ganglia that control context appropriate movement.

Not one word of my work made it into her 'final' version of our collaboration despite her claiming that she was going to cut stuff out of her contribution because I worded it better.

Comment

Working...
                      X