• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Phone call from the consultant over my sleep apnoea.

"Normal" people stop breathing about 5 times an hour while asleep, I am up to 48
    time to diet then eh?
    no chance of an APAP machine at the moment, unless you buy your own.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
      you didnt watch all 1hr 15min of this ??
      It's mildly inneresting and a cure for insomnia.

Apparently he cut it down from the Director's Cut which was 2.5 hours.

Walk walked (more or less*) for the 2nd time in 6 weeks.

*Excluding the part of the walk 6 weeks ago where I fecked The Leg up.

<thread reading hiatus>

The birdies have almost got to the end of the fatballs.

I suppose I could make some more with that ancient lard that's in the fridge.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 April 2020, 14:55.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

just had an extremely verbose twat tell me my one line comments aren't welcome in these forums.
        some mancky geezer liked his post, too.
        anyone else think posting less than two pages of foolscap* at a time is unwelcome?

*the guy's more boring than JtB at his finest. and FOOLScap is the only approprite medium.

asking for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I’m going to venture forth to M&S and Sainsbury’s in a bit
          Venturing done

I went to M&S first but, having traced the tortuous route through the retail park to the entrance to the largely empty car park one has to traverse to get there, I was flagged down by a security guard, gesturing at me to wind down my passenger window.

“Alright me duck, you going to M&S?” he said. I told him I was and he said “Well the queue at the moment is over an hour. It’s not getting any shorter either, it’s been like that for a while now. You can join it if you want of course, I just thought I’d let you know.”

I thanked him and didn’t bother going to M&S

So over the main road to Sainsbury’s, where I was able to get one of my preferred parking spots, some way from the entrance. I grabbed a nearby trolley and walked in what I thought was the direction of the end of the queue - it was when I was last there two weeks ago - and another security guard flagged me down and pointed… way across the car park, behind me, explaining that the end of the queue was over there

It turned out the queue, when I arrived, ran from the entrance to the side of the store, down the side to the back by the service road, back up the side between temporary barriers to the front again, back down the outside of the barriers to the back again, around the perimeter at the back of the car park, past the recycling skips, sharp turn at the furthermost corner of the car park, carrying on along the perimeter, past the furthermost entrance that branches off from the service road, and on along the perimeter to the next entrance by the mini roundabout at the back of Pizza Hut; when I joined at the requisite distance from the person in front I was just at the very limit of the car park’s exit into the access road

But it moved fairly quickly, and I was finally in the store within thirty-five or forty minutes

Within: most things reasonably well-stocked. Couldn’t get any wholewheat spaghetti, but I’ve got enough for three meals anyway, and only three portions of bol in the freezer. There was a moderate amount of oddly-shaped pasta, though very little wholewheat. Heinz beans were available. Plenty of toilet roll, and this time not just the own-brand stuff. A bit shorter on kitchen roll if anything, though there was still some stock. The in-store bakery has been busy and their shelves are full. There seemed to be flour and quite possibly yeast, though I didn’t bother exploring that aisle.

Red lentils in abundance!

No Big Chickens though. I panic-bought a bag of lentils against the day the chickens return

Having stocked up on wine and beer (I’ve been going through a bit of a wine phase lately, though not in the sense of developing any level of connoisseurship beyond “That tastes pretty good for eight quid”), I then spotted one of the dreaded “three items per customer” notices on the beer shelves

Just then one of the ladies who’s worked there forever and often mans the customer service desk, which I take to be a sign of high status within the tribe, came past, so I asked her if the limit still applied to booze. She assured me it didn’t, so I was able to get enough to tide me over

Oh, and the customers were mostly OK at keeping their distance now, being overly cautious if anything, which is good. Though there’s always going to be a few feckwits, and indeed there were

I made a detour past M&S again on the way back, just in case, and the queue seemed to be even longer if anything. But I honestly don’t need anything from there badly enough to queue for an hour or more, nice as their products may be

So that’s today’s Awfully Big Adventure done and dusted

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            just had an extremely verbose twat tell me my one line comments aren't welcome in these forums.
            some mancky geezer liked his post, too.
            anyone else think posting less than two pages of foolscap* at a time is unwelcome?

*the guy's more boring than JtB at his finest. and FOOLScap is the only approprite medium.

asking for a friend

Feck ‘em

Comment

Feck ‘em
              sort of what i said

Comment

Venturing done

Comment

It's been a busy day, so far. I forgot to have lunch, other than a yoghurt and a couple of biscuits.

Now scoffing some of the KFC I ordered in the other evening before my final meeting of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    It's been a busy day, so far. I forgot to have lunch, other than a yoghurt and a couple of biscuits.

Now scoffing some of the KFC I ordered in the other evening before my final meeting of the day.
                    KFC still open? who delivered?
                    i've suddenly acquired a craving for fried chicken.

must have been the spliff i had earlier to celebrate the long weekend <paid>

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      KFC still open? who delivered?
                      i've suddenly acquired a craving for fried chicken.

must have been the spliff i had earlier to celebrate the long weekend <paid>

Korean Fried Chicken, not that colonel sanders rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                      X