• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another bloody disastrous shopping trip

Only the coop didn't have a queue outside. Presumably because there was feck all inside it. It's getting like soviet Russia.

The only bright point being a text from the local cider press to say I can collect my 20 litre box of appley goodness tomorrow.

Comment

This afternoon we have dug a Dakota Fire Pit in a border where there used to be shrubs and other crap. We're gonna do sausages and corn on the cob.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Lunch: scrambled egg (100% leathery) and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), yogurt, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea (in progress).

Smalls off the line.

Sheets and a t shirt on the line.

Towels and other cottons coming out of the WM shortly and going into the TD to make the towels fluffy rather than sandpaper.

Very warm out there today.

The weather's definitely borked: it's a fecking BH, this is Not Right.
        I went out to get towels I put on the line yesterday. Some were scruntched up so were not dry. Dry ones taken in - non dry ones unscruntched up.

Comment

My left knee is hurting again.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            107.7 Mbps down, 9.84 Mbps up here, which is about standard.

I get a 10th of that at best of times. But then Wales is a forgotten country.....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              My left knee is hurting again.
              Too much cooking? Not enough exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Successful trip to Tesco and back.

Sour cream and flowers were on the list. A bottle of red fell in the basket because the queue for the tills went past the booze.

I got tulips again because the last bunch I got from here lasted ages.
                Where is the snigger like a teenager emoticon?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  i would appear to have, for want of a more precise term 'done me feckin back in'.

bugger.

it's a bit sore.
                  walking has become difficult.
                  i had lots of stuff i wanted to do this weekend too. mostly in the garden.
                  feck it.

maybe with the help of brufen and deep heat, i'll be cool tomorrow.
                  meanwhile beer o'clock, and back to spatterjay.

oh, and i thought red dwarf was very good, last night, made me laugh out loud a few times.

Lie on your back. Knees over hips. Bicycle.

When better, try to do pilates every day. Especially spine curls.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Another bloody disastrous shopping trip

Only the coop didn't have a queue outside. Presumably because there was feck all inside it. It's getting like soviet Russia.

The only bright point being a text from the local cider press to say I can collect my 20 litre box of appley goodness tomorrow.
                    Exactly what I was thinking! I don't even do any shopping and I am sick of it. I can see us running down the freezer now.

The least they could do is open the shops 6am to 11pm....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Beer acquired.
                      A bit of gardening done.
                      I understand box hill is closed this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                      X