• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored.

Have just responded to a load of birthday wishes on LinkedIn - only 2 weeks late.

Now, should I update my profile on LI to reflect less out-of-date information, given hat as soon as I update it, I'll get harangued with calls from agents?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Bored.

Have just responded to a load of birthday wishes on LinkedIn - only 2 weeks late.

Now, should I update my profile on LI to reflect less out-of-date information, given hat as soon as I update it, I'll get harangued with calls from agents?
      Less out-of-date?
      Was - "currently available"
      Now - "still currently available"
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Just popped up to the Amazon Locker via the human-avoiding back route I use even when not socially distancing. There were two police cars, with associated coppers, having a meet at the back of the forecourt right where I walk!

They completely ignored me though, in keeping with the generally sensible policy towards enforcement of the regulations adopted by my local force

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Less out-of-date?
          Was - "currently available"
          Now - "still currently available"
          I updated it in November to say I wasn't currently looking for work.

Maybe I should reveal what I'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Your search technique is better than mine - I wasted a good half hour yesterday running various SQL queries against my local copy of the CUK database (all PII carefully removed before admin sent it to me) trying to find the Tornado/spaghetti post. I narrowed it down to Menelaus and chasingtheaurora, but of course the story was on a different forum altogether, and because I restricted my search to those users I missed minestrone’s post with the link
            Thankyou kind sir, I wasn't actually aware that the spag bowl thing was in that thread but it seemed likely enough.

The first post I found was CM's.

In other news, currently still reading "The Mitrokhin Archive", and having reached page 448, came across a reference to "The BATWING device" in the US Embassy constructed, believe it or not, by Soviet (KGB) Labour.

You really couldn't make this tulip up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-e2d81085ed05/

Currently listening to "Echoes".

Not the track, the double CD.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 April 2020, 14:23.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

wasn't 'echos' originally one side of 'meddle'?
              or have i lost the pink plot>?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                wasn't 'echos' originally one side of 'meddle'?
                or have i lost the pink plot>?

Echoes was originally side 2 of Meddle.

Echoes (the Album) was one of the greatest hits ones.

Comment

Comment

I've just been asked by a neighbour to help with some lockdown entertainment within the village.
                    She's a singer in a band and can belt out songs fairly loudly.
                    She's asked if I'd like to play guitar on a few songs for her to sing.

I've suggested a few songs to her, she's going to suggest some as well, but a question for the collective:
                    What would you suggest for enjoyable songs (hopefully well known) that could be done as an acoustic set with little rehearsing.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Just had the weekly MS Teams video call (not Skype, so it actually works).

Was quite impressed (as were a few on the call) with how easy it is to add new backgrounds, so while most people were using the blurred one or a stock one (or just their actual house), I was sitting in the cockpit between Ted Stryker and Otto.
                      There was much fun yesterday (being first day back after Easter break) with people playing with backgrounds. Followed by complaints that you can't put a custom background up. I'm sure that'll come in time and some eejit will think it's funny to take a still from a p0rno.

Comment

Working...
                      X