• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey CB. It's ok to feel like that. Things do feel pretty crappy right now.

You do have to hope that this won't be forever as to start thinking otherwise leads down a dark path that I doubt many people would emerge intact from.

I have had some horrible days for absolutely no good reason. Reminding myself I still have a job, a roof over my head and a very lovely partner doesn't make things any better. In fact it just makes me feel worse for being so pathetic even though it's perfectly normal to be feeling out of sorts.

Many virtual hugs to you

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Here I am again. On the sofa late at night on the laptop, MrsCB on the PC next door, kids in bed.

I don't seem to have left the house in bloody ages. I'm now at the stage of wondering what's the bloody point. Nothing to really look forward to, not a lot of point to it all really. Was speaking to an old permie colleague the other day and realised just what a fragmented existence we contractors lead - six months here, three months there, a quick permie stint when the warchest gets low.

Not sure why I'm bothering any more TBQH. It's just more of the same tulip tomorrow and next week as it has been since I started this game nearly 15 years ago. Except back then I had friends and some kind of social life.

Really can't see a huge amount of point to life right now or any kind of goal to move towards. Just getting up and cranking the handle.
      Life is tulip right now, and it's ok to feel that way. <--- manly

It sounds trite but it is important to make the effort to get out of the house for the hours exercise a day that we are allowed. You can cover over 4 miles in a hour on a flat route if you are reasonably fit so it's a chance to see something of the world outside the 4 walls. Even more important when you are stuck at home with partner and kids. It sounds bad, but we all need a break from each other now and again. This is normal. Kids should be in school, you should be at client co. offices, wife/partner should be at work (or whatever is appropriate). You get time apart every day to appreciate the time when you are home. Both of you should make the effort to get out on your own, as well as with the kids. We all need that mental breathing space of just being on our own for a bit. Even it if it just an hour at a time.

Talk to your other half. Sort out a plan for you both to go out each day, alternate taking the kids with you. Give yourselves time to yourselves. We all need it.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

And here we are again, having woken unbidden at 03:00.

Ho hum.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

@cb: lot of it about, and not just for the time of year, but for the extraordinary times we’re living through. ladymuck and DaveB have spoken sooth already so I’ll just add: I know, WTF?! ******* weird living like this innit

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            And here we are again, having woken unbidden at 03:00.

Ho hum.
            Evening DrS

Comment

As it’s VE Day (which was never commemorated to any noticeable degree when I was younger, never mind celebrated) I watched something relevant to the occasion: Downfall (2004). Yes, I know I only watched it a few months ago, but that doesn’t matter because it’s a truly great film and as I said last time, I could happily watch it again right now

After that: Batman Returns (1992). I wasn’t too impressed with this one TBH. It seemed to cut to stuff happening for no reason, and TBQH I’d expect more and better structure from a cheap comic book than this managed, even though it seemed to be trying - quite laboriously - to emulate a cheap comic book

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Know how cv feels, admittedly I am still working, but am the only bod on the entire floor and am in the dungeon, no windows. I also live alone. Going shopping seems to cause huge anxiety, but is often the only time I see anybody.

Comment

Morning all

Hoards of people out already this morning. Most of them have driven to get here, abandoned their cars blocking roads, then heading off in groups up into the hills.

I may start my fake cough routine shortly.

In other news, CBS and it’s going to be a hot one.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                      Know how cv feels, admittedly I am still working, but am the only bod on the entire floor and am in the dungeon, no windows. I also live alone. Going shopping seems to cause huge anxiety, but is often the only time I see anybody.
                      MrsB also gets very anxious shopping, so much so that now I do most of it. In general most people are considerate but there are always the few idiots who don't give a tulip and don't have the patience to wait to pass in the aisles or just barge through regardless. I feel for the shop staff who have to be there all day and deal with it.
                      Last edited by DaveB; 9 May 2020, 08:57.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X