• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see.

Breakfast was American style fluffy pancakes with fruit in.

Lunch was the left over Mac n cheese with beefy goodness.

Dinner was freekeh and chicken.

Many cocktails and a bottle of wine.

I mentioned how much weight I'll put on and HWMBO said his plan was to fatten me up so I couldn't escape! I did find a nice flat locally that's half the rent of my London gaff and yet bigger... He looked a bit panicked at that

I have barely moved today, making the achy muscles ache all the more.

Comment

After the Monkey Life marathon this afternoon, this evening was for reading. First, I finished off the last two stories in The Return of Sherlock Holmes. I then had to consider that I have so far skipped the novels, other than The Hound of the Baskervilles, as next up was The Valley of Fear.

The thing about the three non-canine Holmes novels is that their structure has always grated on me. They start out with Holmes and Watson investigating some terrible crime in London, then halfway through they switch to a long, involved story set twenty years before and on a different continent. And after that, there’s a final chapter where Holmes says he’s deduced that the terrible crime happened because of that other stuff. I find it vaguely annoying for some reason; always have, ever since I first read them when I was about twelve.

Still, I decided I ought to set such considerations aside for the sake of completeness; so I returned to the beginning and started on A Study in Scarlet. I’m now at the point where it suddenly switches to the background story, which seems like a good time to pause

It’s down to 4°C outside. Remember that glorious spring weather, all warm and sunny? Yesterday, that was

Goodnight all

Comment

I just posted this on a North Wales facebook group: -

I am getting worried that the differing advice in Wales to the whole of the UK will be confusing. Is now the time for full independence from our oppressors? I refer to the AM which thinks that Wales stops at the valleys. The people's front of North Wales has been a total failure. Please support the North Wales Liberation front.

Comment

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2769730

I am off again for a while. I should not have come back.

Comment

morning all
            positively king billy this morning.
            CBS though.
            Monday.
            meh.

Comment

Morning all
              Windy out, glad I’m not flying today.

The Wife (tm) has told me to stop being so melodramatic about the scan today.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning all
                Windy out, glad I’m not flying today.

The Wife (tm) has told me to stop being so melodramatic about the scan today.

ah I see the problem its like Ronnie "one of our moderator's brain is missing", lets hope they have a very fine scanner.

Seriously don't be such a wimp, good luck!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Apparently polleny considering the amount of sneezing going on.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cold.

Cold enough for the fan heater to come on to warm my feet up a bit.

Telex machine territory again.

Apparently Monday.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I just posted this on a North Wales facebook group: -

I am getting worried that the differing advice in Wales to the whole of the UK will be confusing. Is now the time for full independence from our oppressors? I refer to the AM which thinks that Wales stops at the valleys. The people's front of North Wales has been a total failure. Please support the North Wales Liberation front.
                    Splitters!
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2769730

I am off again for a while. I should not have come back.

don't let them get to you.
                      your drivel is always welcome here.

Comment

Working...
                      X