• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been roast pork and apple sauce in a wholemeal bap, and very nice it was too

The bulb’s gone in the bathroom again!

There’s something about the electrics in this place that takes a heavy toll on LED bulbs. Luckily I’ve found a few spare bulbs in a box I’d forgotten about, so I don’t have to brave the tiny Wilko’s down the road on a Saturday. (The hardware shop over the road is closed for the duration.)

Comment

Bathroom bulb changed. The new one is one of those with several tubes that project downwards then do a U-turn and go back up again, and comes on with a brief flicker like a kitchen light in a new-build house in the 1970s. Also, it’s the yellowy colour that for some reason is popular, though I prefer the daylight colour. Ah well, it’s not as if I spend much time in there in the grand scheme of things

In fact, the “new” bulb is probably nearly twenty years old. It’s from an Ikea multipack (originally four, this is the second to be used) which I think was bought by some of my former housemates around 2000 or 2001, then left behind when they moved on, and brought along when I moved here.

Comment

Oh, and as changing the bulb meant using the stepladder which normally serves as a towel rack (the used ones accumulating on the lower steps as it’s as good a place as any to put them), I’ve started a towel wash (dark colours)

Comment

The doctor’s front gate is closed. This is an extremely rare occurrence as it’s almost always left open, what with them having people going in and out so much

Comment

a cat just walked across my neighbour's garden

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The doctor’s front gate is closed. This is an extremely rare occurrence as it’s almost always left open, what with them having people going in and out so much
              In fact, reviewing eleven Google Street View captures of the road outside between September 2008 and April 2019, the doctor's gate is closed in only one of them - the last

Comment

it was black and white, with a white tail tip

Comment

A brindle cat walked across my garden.

It thought about having a crap but I discouraged it & it ran away.

Haven't see the black cat today, which is odd.

There's a lovely echo on the conversation currently on the PM programme.

It's the better part of half a second.

More gardening done.

It's much easier when the soil is completely dry, it just falls off the roots with very little encouragement needed.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I made a late lunch of some pasta for HWMBO and I. We are both still well, thank you for asking.

He is now prepping what smells like many delicious things so that dinner is quick later (cocktails via Zoom at 8pm).

Although it felt like I did sod all in the garden, I still managed to fill three bags. I am looking forward to Scotland allowing the tips to open as I got proper sturdy reusable bags for garden waste and they can accommodate loads of clippings.

Comment

...... and white front paws

Comment

Working...
                      X