• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    bloody hell! - is it saturday?- again?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I don't post stuff about meals because my cooking is such a disaster. Managed to cock up a baked potato tonight by putting far too much black pepper on it. They should appoint me as a TV chef, there would be a big reduction in obesity!
      I am generally inept in the kitchen too. That's why I found myself a chap who can cook

Comment

In the Chinese

Glad to hear normal service is resuming

Comment

lewis was good.
          now yet more murdurs <in midsomer, the murdur capital of rural england>
          <och, jean>
          must watch Taggart again.
          Rioja almost gorn.
          be on the appleton estate soon, then 'hic'

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            bloody hell! - is it saturday?- again?
            Apparently so

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Glad to hear normal service is resuming
            It certainly is - they were really busy with delivery orders, so much so that they apologised for not having time to talk

Very nice as always

On impulse, I got myself a pineapple fritter with syrup, which I haven’t had in many, many years - probably the first time I’ve had one this millennium. It turned out to be two of them and was very tasty, though I’m not that fussed about them and probably won’t bother again for ages

Comment

Entertainment (continued): Following on from what the Victorians did for us, was "Civilisation" E10 "The smile of Reason" which waffled on about Voltaire & all those French gits, then leapt across the Atlantic to waffle on about Thomas Jefferson, covering much of the same ground as Alistair Cooke did in his rather more inneresting series.

To round it all off: "The Best of Frankie Howerd" half of which I'd watched in the "Up Pompeii" dvds, though it was amusing enough.

Required FF to avoid some of it, namely Noel Edmonds and all his works.

Tonight's first major motion picture was Stalingrad (1993), a German film about it being a very bad idea for Germans to go there; a sentiment with which the residents of that city seem to agree. Thoroughly bleak, as one might expect given the circumstances
              Oddly enough, the two copies of that dvd are sat on top of a pile right next to me.

I might get a round tuit sometime soon.

They've only been sat there for 3 months.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 May 2020, 22:36.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Oddly enough, the two copies of that dvd are sat on top of a pile right next to me.

I might get a round tuit sometime soon.

They've only been sat there for 3 months.
                It’s worth watching, but don’t expect it to cheer you up at all unless you stop it about three minutes in when they’re still enjoying the seaside in Italy before being sent East

Tonight’s viewing, after an abortive attempt to watch Batman Forever which was terminated when I realised I wasn’t in the mood for it at all, started with Glengarry Glen Ross (1992), based on David Mamet’s play (he also wrote the screenplay) concerning the desperate existence of American real estate salesmen, trying to dupe people into buying tracts of land in Florida by lying over the phone. Not as bleak as being a German soldier in Stalingrad, but still thoroughly bleak. Remember, coffee is for closers

And to follow, Green Zone (2010), in which Matt Damon plays a soldier who discovers the hard way that there never were any WMD in Iraq. I’ve watched this before, but it’s a good, intelligent thriller/action story and worth seeing.

And finally, as I haven’t watched it in a while and it’s funny, S1E1 of I’m Alan Partridge, A Room with an Alan (TV Episode 1997). I wonder if the people at Monkey World have ever thought of trying to get any of their many groups of primates to play Monkey Tennis; it could turn out to be a ratings winner

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

White sky.

Coolish.

Quite bright but sunless.

Sunday judging by the stuff the wireless has put out since 06:15.

It’s worth watching, but don’t expect it to cheer you up at all unless you stop it about three minutes in when they’re still enjoying the seaside in Italy before being sent East

Tonight’s viewing, after an abortive attempt to watch Batman Forever which was terminated when I realised I wasn’t in the mood for it at all, started with Glengarry Glen Ross (1992), based on David Mamet’s play (he also wrote the screenplay) concerning the desperate existence of American real estate salesmen, trying to dupe people into buying tracts of land in Florida by lying over the phone. Not as bleak as being a German soldier in Stalingrad, but still thoroughly bleak. Remember, coffee is for closers

And to follow, Green Zone (2010), in which Matt Damon plays a soldier who discovers the hard way that there never were any WMD in Iraq. I’ve watched this before, but it’s a good, intelligent thriller/action story and worth seeing.
                  Oh, Glengarry is on one of the piles that progress up the stairs, leaning gently on each other for support.

"The Green Zone" is 3 dvds up from where "4 weddings" lived for all those years.

I may extract it.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

overcast
                    not particularly warm
                    sunday
                    meh

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but bright enough. Breezy. 11 degrees.

Rain forecast for the whole day but not yet started

Comment

Working...
                      X