• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: Tesco chunky cod, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Even managed to remember to eat the fried potato slices this week.

Entertainment: finished off "The Human Stain".

Bit of a hard watch since I knew the twist but there you go.

I think I'll give "Quatermass (1979)" a go, since it's 40 years since I saw it last.

Quatermass (TV Mini-Series 1979– ) - IMDb

Toyah is in it.

Thought she was.

Oh, and Alison Dowling (Elizabeth Pargeter in the Archers).

Pretty standard end of civilisation sort of thing.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 May 2020, 20:40.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

And to accompany it, the Hospital Coronavirus Special on iPlayer

Comment

One loaf left to rise.

Rose a bit too much.

Split in two.

Two loaves out of the oven
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Entertainment (continued): Billy Connolly "Who Do You Think You Are" on BBC Scotland.

He's found his syphilitic great grandfather in the Army in India.

His great great grandfather was involved in suppressing the Indian Mutiny.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 May 2020, 21:35.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

98%, 105bpm - the latter only seems high, as I’ve just been for a brisk walk around several blocks to close my exercise ring

Comment

Tonight’s reading was the remainder of His Last Bow

Down to 15°C out there now.

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Daily Report
                ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Bright and Sunny, whisps of cloud. Looks like being too nice a day to actually do any work!

Parish Notes - Those nice people at North Wales Constabulary have written to me asking if I was driving at 97mph on the A55 as one of their "Safety Cameras" appears to have evidence... So I've written back and said "Yep, it was me, do your worse". So, points and a fine will soon be on their way.

It's been a few years since my last "Speed Awareness" course so maybe I'll get one of those. I think I'll attend the Welsh language one if given the opportunity - I don't speak Welsh but it'll make little difference.

Don't forget, let's be careful out there!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Good morning

I believe it is Wednesday?

Wanly sunny and approx 13 degrees at the moment. Forecast claims it may reach 18 later.

First coffee being drunk.

Comment

Foggy drive in this morning, 2nd hot chocolate on the go

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      ...Parish Notes - Those nice people at North Wales Constabulary have written to me asking if I was driving at 97mph on the A55 as one of their "Safety Cameras" appears to have evidence... So I've written back and said "Yep, it was me, do your worse". So, points and a fine will soon be on their way. ...
                      Lucky... another 3mph and you'd be Uber's favourite customer for a while.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X