• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Clear blue sky out there, currently at 22°C and expected to reach 26°

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      oops - 75-125% of weekly income
      Oh well. Before or after tax and NI? I'm a permy.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Oh well. Before or after tax and NI? I'm a permy.

for rich people its capped at £1000 I suspect salary before tax, paid with post tax income.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

for rich people its capped at £1000 I suspect salary before tax, paid with post tax income.
          Oh well, I can live with that.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Oh well, I can live with that.
            Did you have argument with MrsZ ?

Banned driver in 80mph police chase after rowing with wife in lockdown - Birmingham Live
            Married

Comment

Exercise bike thing done

Still sunny; up to 23°C out there, 24° in here. But there’s a very light breeze coming through the window to help me cool down

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                Yasser Ali wanted to cool off following the bust-up but was spotted by officers on Stratford Road driving a suspected cloned Mercedes with false number plates.
                They followed him as he drove the wrong way down a road with a no-entry sign before he sped off.
                During the pursuit, which lasted between 15 and 20 minutes, he tore over speed bumps, through narrow residential streets and straight through a junction without looking for other vehicles.
                And Ali drove on the wrong side of the road to overtake cars, reaching 60mph as he headed towards Acocks Green.
                You took a considerable risk for about 15 to 20 minutes, putting potential pedestrians and others who happened to be on the road at risk."The judge said he had an appalling driving record and it was his third conviction for dangerous driving and fourth for driving while disqualified.
                Haroon Khattak, defending, said "He was a disqualified driver and he was overcome with panic. No injury was caused or damage to property."

Hmm who was the keeper of the Mercedes? Was it crushed? will the keeper be fined?

Seems he just ignored the law.

Comment

Hmm who was the keeper of the Mercedes? Was it driven into a wall?

What are you implying?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    What are you implying?

It is interesting that he has banned multiple times so I assumed he lost the right to be keeper, he was driving on fake plates surely the keeper should be prosecuted for allowing this?

Comment

Lunch: poached tomato (Tesco, off the vine) and scrambled egg on Morrisons multiseed toast (crust), red corner yogurt thing, bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower seed and spelt, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Once that lot has settled a bit, it's out to do a bit more gardening in the unbearable heat of the afternoon.

Noted this morning that one of my selfseeded roses has decided to flower: this one is white, & hopefully nowhere near as vigorous as the red self planted one out the front.

If I didn't attempt to control that one it'd take over the terrace, though it's quite lovely when covered in blossom.

Hmm who was the keeper of the Mercedes? Was it crushed? will the keeper be fined?

Seems he just ignored the law.
                      Er, I'd bet there is no keeper, MVD, or insurance with a cloned plate.

One of my colleagues got asked why his car was used in a burglary.

Fortunately for him it was in bits in a garage being repaired at the time.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 May 2020, 12:10.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X