• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

It is interesting that he has banned multiple times so I assumed he lost the right to be keeper, he was driving on fake plates surely the keeper should be prosecuted for allowing this?
    If it’s on cloned plates, it’ll probably either be stolen, or not registered to anybody, or still registered to a previous keeper who sold it and therefore isn’t responsible.

Comment

Two minds with but a single thought.

Or NF is me and I'm NF.

Mind you, think of the saving you can make by using cloned plates to let someone else do the MVD and insurance.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been a jumbo frankfurter sandwiched in buttered white bloomer toast

Bet they don’t have that configuration set up on MyFitnessPal

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          If it’s on cloned plates, it’ll probably either be stolen, or not registered to anybody, or still registered to a previous keeper who sold it and therefore isn’t responsible.

In which case the chap should have had that added to his sentence?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

In which case the chap should have had that added to his sentence?
            Newspaper court reporters don’t generally extrapolate beyond what happened in court. If ownership of the vehicle had been mentioned as part of either the prosecution or defence cases, that detail would probably have made it in to the report, but presumably it wasn’t relevant to the actual charges or to any mitigation offered.

Comment

Newspaper court reporters don’t generally extrapolate beyond what happened in court. If ownership of the vehicle had been mentioned as part of either the prosecution or defence cases, that detail would probably have made it in to the report, but presumably it wasn’t relevant to the actual charges or to any mitigation offered.

There is a lot of difference between being banned and driving off in the wife's car in a huff, to running a car that has been doctored specifically to be less noticeable, not sure how it doesn't factor in sentencing.

Comment

There is a lot of difference between being banned and driving off in the wife's car in a huff, to running a car that has been doctored specifically to be less noticeable, not sure how it doesn't factor in sentencing.
                Sentencing would only address the charged offences, dangerous driving and driving while disqualified.

The matter of the car being on cloned plates would presumably be something the police would take up with the brother who asserts ownership of the car, and would be a separate case. This guy may not even have known it was cloned (and neither may the brother). Or the police may just not have had any evidence that he knew, or the CPS may have decided that any such evidence was insufficient to be likely to lead to a conviction on charges related to that.

At any rate, no charges appear to have been brought in connection with it, and courts don’t get to sentence you for something with which you haven’t been charged.

Comment

Sentencing would only address the charged offences, dangerous driving and driving while disqualified.

The matter of the car being on cloned plates would presumably be something the police would take up with the brother who asserts ownership of the car, and would be a separate case. This guy may not even have known it was cloned (and neither may the brother). Or the police may just not have had any evidence that he knew, or the CPS may have decided that any such evidence was insufficient to be likely to lead to a conviction on charges related to that.

At any rate, no charges appear to have been brought in connection with it, and courts don’t get to sentence you for something with which you haven’t been charged.

hmm very frustrating.

Comment

What a cracking day out there, a rare treat so in honour of this I have spent it indoors playing BattleFront 2.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      What a cracking day out there, a rare treat so in honour of this I have spent it indoors playing BattleFront 2.

qh
                      Lucky you, spent most of it drafting estimates for a 4:00pm call that I got told about at 10:am this morning.

It ain't gonna be cheap.

World of Tanks is currently my quick gaming fix. HEAT round to the face MoFo
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X