• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO has cooked up something yummy with smoked haddock, cheese, potato and other veg. Very yummy indeedy

Comment

"Entertainment" (continued): a chap with an 80lb scrotum is currently featuring on Quest Red.

A Septic, of course, the Land of the Free having such a good health care system.

<hiatus>

He's just watched the docu about the other chap with the ginormous bollocks.

<hiatus>

He's in surgery.

It's taken 2 hours to find his penis & testicles.

Stone me. 12 hours in surgery.

100 lbs of scrotal lymphedema removed.

Now he's got breathing problems.

It ain't looking good.

Turned out ok after 3 days.

And after 7 months he's now working out in the gym.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 May 2020, 20:56.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Making scouse, because although it’s not really a scouse kind of day, I have stuff that needs to be made into scouse

I may have some of the scouse tonight or I may have something more suited to the weather and freeze all the scouse. Haven’t decided yet
        Scouse for tea

This one was made with the remains of the roast lamb, and I found that my few remaining carrots had shrivelled away to almost nothing, so no carrots in it (more accurately, in the stock base made with the bone). This doesn’t really matter as scouse is just Liverpool’s name for the standard dish of all European peoples - a meat and vegetable stew made with whatever meat and veg happen to be to hand and lots of potatoes

It was done in the InstantPot™ and turned out very nice, with three further sizeable portions ready to go in the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          …scouse is just Liverpool’s name for the standard dish of all European peoples - a meat and vegetable stew made with whatever meat and veg happen to be to hand and lots of potatoes
          That should probably be “Northern European” as they make odd things like spaghetti and paella instead down around the Mediterranean

Comment

Tfbsz
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

During and after my tea, I watched the second part of the Hospital coronavirus special on iPlayer. Pretty perturbing that they were facing the prospect of the hospital’s oxygen system collapsing under the strain of so many patients requiring so much simultaneously

Later, to sustain the mood, I returned to Survivors which I started rewatching last summer, said rewatch petering out in August, with S1E4, Corn Dolly (TV Episode 1975)

And after that, a story from The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes

Oh, and earlier there was a walk around the block (just the one this time) to top up the exercise ring on the watch. It’s a clear night out, and down to 16°C now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Grey.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Those little feathered bastards busily singing away glorying in our downfall.

Woke at 04:25 to the sound of distant thunder. ()

The usual odd dream, this time about factories shutting down and such like, with added trauma of a puncture in the tyre of the bike I was riding for no very good reason.

Made a change from the equally odd dream about riding a scooter to Newport tech & back, which was a previous curious dream sequence some months ago.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Up, showered (am more of an evening showerer usually but CBA last night), and first coffee being drunk.

No meetings until after lunch so it's potentially a doing day!

Grey, damp, 8 degrees. Forecast rain around 11 or 12 followed by a threat of sunshine this arvo with temp up to 17 degrees.

Comment

Morning all
                    CBS, etc and very humid. Hopefully a big thunderstorm will come through and clear the air.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                      Did you have argument with MrsZ ?
                      No mate, hence the fact that I'm still breathing and in possession of my balls!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X