• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Does a guineafowl need more space than a chicken? Or are you planning on increasing the guineafowl headcount?
    No, the guineas don’t like going up into the ark we have for them and they have really bad night vision, they’re not even crepuscular.
    So I tried the new solar light, it wasn’t bright enough for them to find their way to bed.

500 notes later and they get a new Solway house made of recycled plastic with an automatic door. It’s lower than the ramp into their ark, and with a few modifications it should be bright enough inside for them to find their way to bed. Will put a PIR sensor on the outside to turn the light on inside.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      have you told your missus you have put a couple of fertile birds up in their own little des res?

They’re foreign birds as well, make a right racket, don’t pay for their food or lodgings, live off me...

But hey, I own 4 houses in Surrey, occupied by 8 chicks, 2 big foreign birds, one bitch and The Wife (tm).
      ...and The Wife (tm) is happy with my relationship with all the others.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea has been a rack of ribs (not to be confused with ribs) in a “smoky” BBQ sauce, with chips

The ribs are a Sainsbury’s thing and nice enough, but I think I prefer my own way of doing them, even though it takes at least three hours to cook a rack properly

Comment

A brisk walk around two blocks incorporating a visit to the Amazon Locker and not only has my exercise for the day met the norm imposed by the Central Committee, but I also have some face masks, suitable for making it look as if you’re making a bit of an effort not to infect anybody else even though they don’t provide much, if any, protection for the wearer

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Been doing my loony dancing out in the street to music played for that clap for the NHS thing. Won't have to go on the boring cross-trainer tonight.

Bit earlier hung a mesh thing in front of my office window to stop any more little birdies crashing into it. Usually I hang some old Christmas decorations which look a lot nicer but couldn't find them.

PS Don't tell my cross trainer I called him boring, he'd be upset.
            You are Quarentina Turner and I claim my £5.

Austyn Farrell (@austyn_farrell) on TikTok Giving the neighbours their daily street performance 😂 #fyp #foryoupage #foryou #tinaturner
            Last edited by DaveB; 21 May 2020, 21:46.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's raining.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                They’re foreign birds as well, make a right racket, don’t pay for their food or lodgings, live off me...

But hey, I own 4 houses in Surrey, occupied by 8 chicks, 2 big foreign birds, one bitch and The Wife (tm).
                ...and The Wife (tm) is happy with my relationship with all the others.

so you are saying your missus isn't fussy? You having side chicks?

OK we understand you lucky b4stard!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  It's raining.
                  Threat of showers here too, though probably not till later

Tonight’s reading has been more of The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes

And two moths have been ejected from the premises during the evening; or it may be the same moth twice. They looked much of a muchness

Someone up the road has been playing music very loud with their windows open. It’s very unusual round here to be disturbed by other households’ music. Anyway, it’s been silent for about two minutes so I’m hoping they’ve packed it in now

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Someone up the road has been playing music very loud with their windows open. It’s very unusual round here to be disturbed by other households’ music. Anyway, it’s been silent for about two minutes so I’m hoping they’ve packed it in now
                    They haven’t

Comment

Morning All!

Daily Report
                      ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Inclement.

Parish Notes - Received an offer on my Mum's place - from the girl who currently rents the stables. If she can prove that she's got the mortgage in principle then I think I'll accept.
                      For those of you in the UK, enjoy your Bank Holiday weekend.

Let's be careful out there!

Edited - Weather is blustery but brighter! Clouds with blue sky, not so "Inclement" as of 07:21
                      Last edited by Zigenare; 22 May 2020, 06:22.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X