• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ I might go & rescue the doormat from its excursion up the passage in which case.

Entertainment: The Beiderbecke Affair E2 wherein Big Al and Little Norm get busted by the fuzz.

Dunkirk: The new evidence C4.

Dunkirk: The forgotten heroes C4.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Turbo thing didn't happen in the end. Ended up faffing about making some flatbreads to go with the food instead.

Turned out very nice after all that.

Wind seems to be dying down a bit.

Dog now back under my desk again sleeping off the effects devouring a lamb bone over the course of the afternoon.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

To the Chinese for tea, which was very nice as always

They were very quiet tonight, but the new owner hasn’t developed the knack of coming up with specious explanations for it, and Janet doesn’t bother in her new role of kitchen assistant and rope-shower

The Co-op seems to have reverted to its normal opening times, as it was still open

Comment

The wind seems to have died down.

I may retrieve the doormat.

Entertainment (continued): BBC 10 o'clock news: The inquisition is after the Ugly MoFo.

Comment

tea was leftover pepperoni pizza (1 slice) & minced beef pie + chips.

Washed down with pear cider.

Today we were painting the bathroom and the hall.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

97/88, tfbsz
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Rewatch central here tonight, starting with Children of Men (2006) as a little dystopia is good for the soul, even when one is actually happening just outside

And to follow, Money Monster (2016), concerning which my earlier summary still stands:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tonight's wine-accompanied entertainment was Money Monster (2016), in which George Clooney is the host of the eponymous tabloid-style investment programme on the telly, where things go horribly wrong when one of his hot stock tips goes catastrophically belly-up and an ordinary Joe with a gun gets into the studio and insists they carry on broadcasting while he finds out what the hell happened to his life savings. It's all done pretty much in real time, with Julia Roberts as the director of the programme up in the control booth; meanwhile, Jodie Foster directed the actual film. I thought it was very good, and well worth a watch
                One thing about that film is that I’ve never seen anybody else mention it anywhere at all. I don’t know why, but it seems to have passed under everybody’s radar. I think it does an excellent job of being a taut hostage thriller but peppered with humorous moments, which is a tricky thing to pull off. Do give it a watch if it comes your way

And finally, not a rewatch, but something recommended to me the other day in a Twitter conversation about differences between the ways men and women make films: S1E1 of C4’s Deadwater Fell, in which a family die in a fire at their home in a small Scottish town. Not exactly cheerful stuff, but it seems very good on the strength of this first episode

It’s down to a healthy 12°C outside, whilst maintaining an adequate 19° in here

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Judging by the wireless, it's Sunday all over again.

<hiatus>

Today's lunch will be roast chicken, being some of the ancient packet of skinless chicken portions I found at the bottom of the freezer the other day.

They were purchased long ago when Strangelove Pater had a low fat diet, poor old sod.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 May 2020, 08:39.

Comment

Morning all

The Dog (tw) doesn't want to go for a walk this morning. That may be because:
                    1. It is Sunday and the church bells may ring, which can be scary if you're a noise-averse dog
                    2. There are hordes of unwashed cyclists around, certainly not social distancing, and at a guess not with the people they live with.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hola

Took Mrs Scruff for the first of the season's open water swim at The Quays Swim. 16°C water temperature. Madness - no wetsuit "it's too warm".
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X