• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Ocado delivery due at 5pm has no omissions or substitutions! Excellent news.

Comment

Looks like Paco may be planning to challenge Butch for leadership of the bachelor chimps

But I’ll have to see what happens later, as it’s time to talk to my family

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Chicken was fairly indifferent.

Rice pud is glorious, the day Reginald Molehusband DrS did it right.

0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sunday afternoon shop shortly.

Back is playing up again.

(the century, not the dodgy back)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Lot of it about

Lunch has been a corned beef sandwich (white bloomer) which made a nice change
          Indeed.

Oddly, I had a couple of corned beef sandwiches last evening for no readily apparent reason.

I shall have another couple or three corned beef sandwiches for tea this afternoon.

The Sunday shop has been completed, washed, bleached, wiped down, dusted, and put away.

Even managed to find some mince (beef & pork) reduced in Morrisons, so the freezer is filling back up again.

Feeling quite tired now, wondering, due to the vague feelings of ennui, tiredness, etc. whether I'm coming down with "something" or other.

Then again, having dreamed this morning about half a swede (turnip or rutabaga) being stuck to the kitchen wall with some alien looking thing next to it, who can tell.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Zoom call done

Apparently my brother has a Herodotus Zoom call each week - a group of classical scholars from around the world all join and somebody reads a paper on some aspect of Herodotus’ work

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Zoom call done

Apparently my brother has a Herodotus Zoom call each week - a group of classical scholars from around the world all join and somebody reads a paper on some aspect of Herodotus’ work
              Mrs B would love that, just to be able to listen in

She's just finished her penultimate year of a classics degree with the OU.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

We now have
                1. automated lights in the porch.
                2. trim on the porch door.
                3. sensors on the porch door.
                4. sensors on front door.
                5. painted bathroom skirting boards.

plenty to do tomorrow!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan. Very nice

I am, however, rather disconcerted to find that Sainsbury’s are now supplying naan that are oval in form, rather than the traditional bigger-at-one-end-smaller-at-the-other. It makes it very hard to know which end to start at if they’re both the same size

Comment

I managed to get a look at the new moon just before it set

Comment

Tea: 3 x corned beef sandwich, orange segments & custard, more of the rice pud, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Beiderbecke Affairs E3 "We call it the White Economy".

"Then Churchill said to me" E1 with Frankie Howerd and including Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart as someone else. Mildly, very mildly, amusing.

I'd never heard of it & wouldn't have missed much if I hadn't.

"Timeless" S1 E1 & E2: rather more inneresting being a time travel thing.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X