• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Timeless S1 E4 with proper Nazis IIRC.

Quatermass (1979) E2 where the good professor did more stuff.
    The Nasty Nazis were duly foiled by Cdr Ian Fleming (yes that one ) and Von Braun was delivered to the Allies.

The good Professor Quatermass is doing his thing.

The unidentified s are doing their thing too.

It's termed "The Harvest".

Which is Not A Good Thing.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been the last bit of Iceland chunky battered… haddock I think? with chips and beans

There seems to be a slight breeze coming up now, but it’s still warm out

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I almost sent it to you for inclusion in Monday Links but worried that the foamy mouthed might baulk at a grauniad link and you'd lose readers
        There’s been a few over the years so I think they are - or should be - inured to it by now

Comment

All my windows are open and there is no breeze.

Dinner was a Thai curry that was part of a take away order I had before I went north beyond the wall and had frozen for future scoffing. It was much milder than I expected it to be.

Comment

Aircon (yes, I know but I'm a Saffa) is Breezin'. Cooler than a Gin Sling, in ScruffTowers [emoji2398].
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

A brisk walk around some blocks has brought closure to my exercise ring

Clearly walking and exercise bicycling use different muscles in the lower leg. But I assume the idea is that as long as at least some of them start complaining, it’s doing you good

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Evening all. Bit sticky and warm here - just clouding over a little.

Feeling a bit better today after a couple of freak outs last week.

Had an interesting chat with a pimp I've done business with several times before this afternoon. Instead of shutting him down and telling him I'm busy I broached the subject of doing his contract around my current (not too demanding) WFH contract which is mostly done at times when the Septics are awake.

I think there might be the kernel of an idea forming in my head now. Need to sleep on it but the possibility of trying to run multiple clients concurrently is something which had never occurred to me before. Have any of you guys managed it?
                Yep, reasonably regularly. Works well when working away from home as it's something productive to do in the evenings rather that sitting on your arse in a room somewhere eating crap food and watching crap TV. Should be equally as good in the current situation when it's easier to flex working hours around different clients.

I'm waiting to hear back from a prospective client I help with a bid a couple of weeks ago. If they get the work I'll be on board doing the bits they don't have the experience for. Defined piece of work in a fixed period but with flexibility around what gets done when, provided the delivery deadline is hit.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Clearly walking and exercise bicycling use different muscles in the lower leg. But I assume the idea is that as long as at least some of them start complaining, it’s doing you good
                  They do. I did a triathlon once (never again, spoils a good bike ride) and the hardest bit was the transition from the bike to the run. Getting off the bike after riding hard for 50 miles and then trying to run straight away was horrible. Legs just didn't want to move the right way and it was a good 10 minutes into the run before it started feeling normal.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I've only done 5659 steps today. I did consider going out for a top up walk after dinner but never managed to get my arse off the sofa.

Must. Try. Harder.

My excuse is that I don't have a habit forming personality.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I've only done 5659 steps today. I did consider going out for a top up walk after dinner but never managed to get my arse off the sofa.

Must. Try. Harder.

My excuse is that I don't have a habit forming personality.
                      The 10,000 steps things has no basis in science anyway - it was made up in 1964 by Japanese marketers as a cool-sounding (in Japanese) name for a pedometer they were flogging as a tie-in with the Tokyo Olympics that year

Michael Mosley: 'Forget walking 10,000 steps a day' - BBC News

Comment

Working...
                      X