• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I think that corned beef is off the menu for a fair old time to come, having satisfied the strange urge to eat some.
    I’m like that with corned beef. Every now and then I feel the urge to have some and I enjoy it, but then I can easily go a year or more before I get any more

I might buy another tin just in case, if there is any, but it could well sit there for ages in the reserves.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I’m like that with corned beef. Every now and then I feel the urge to have some and I enjoy it, but then I can easily go a year or more before I get any more

I might buy another tin just in case, if there is any, but it could well sit there for ages in the reserves.
      There's another two in the cupboard, purchased at the same time as the first, back in the doom laden days of March.

Just in case it came in handy, like.

I think the tin of ham was consumed rather more quickly since I like it rather more.

I've even been known to purchase Spam.

How's your Mum doing, Nick?
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        How's your Mum doing, Nick?
        They sent her home yesterday teatime and she reckons she’s feeling a lot better. The version I initially heard was that they thought it was a bad bout of angina, but she phoned earlier and says they doubled her dose of something she takes for a stomach ulcer and feels much better for it, so I’ve no idea what’s really wrong other than loads of things due to being in her mid-80s

Anyway, she’s home and taking it easy

Comment

Swedish meatballs with asparagus & tomatoes a side salad from the garden.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Anyway, she’s home and taking it easy

In other news: Freecell score (eventually):; 84% running average 83%.

I blame the heat.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I’ve decided to go shopping

Be laid up with some foul disease later, no doubt

I also have one of those light blue masks, so I just need to get over feeling like a bit of a dick wearing it

Comment

I’ve decided to go shopping

Be laid up with some foul disease later, no doubt

I also have one of those light blue masks, so I just need to get over feeling like a bit of a dick wearing it
                I accepted one that was being given out when I went to Whole Foods the other day. Didn't put it on to go into the store though; too risky. I have since liberally sprayed it with my 70% alcohol spray I got from the chemist so it's safe to wear but I too would feel a bit of a pillock.

Comment

Ooh dribble time!

Comment

Oops, I meant drivel, of course...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X