• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Warm and getting warmer. 20 deg in here.

Friday by all accounts, and, since it was apparently a BH week, the refuse disposal engineers did their thing at 06:20 this morning.

Mediocre night's sleep, difficult to go to sleep & woke early.

However that means that the smalls are hanging on the line in the intense UV, whilst the bedding is in WM2 for another 2.7 hours, whilst the shirts are in WM1 until 10:12.

The sheer excitement of my life knows very few bounds.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Egg in a hole + mushrooms for breakfast.

Busy writing documentation so my colleagues know what it looks like! Home grown app we run the business on and no help or coherent design documents .
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Blackout curtains finally put up in bedroom

Getting up at 5am is not good !!!

Curtains that have been taken down in WM (only have 1 so no point indicating)
        Married

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Warm and getting warmer. 20 deg in here.

Friday by all accounts, and, since it was apparently a BH week, the refuse disposal engineers did their thing at 06:20 this morning.

Mediocre night's sleep, difficult to go to sleep & woke early.

However that means that the smalls are hanging on the line in the intense UV, whilst the bedding is in WM2 for another 2.7 hours, whilst the shirts are in WM1 until 10:12.

The sheer excitement of my life knows very few bounds.
          Always good to know what WM schedule you have !!!

Side note - how come you have 2 WM ?
          Married

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out and already 18°C, but with a slight, light, refreshing breeze

I need to walk up to the pharmacy for the dispensing of the monthly prescription today. I’m hoping the surgery have actually managed to send it to them

Anyway, that can be today’s exercise

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post

I have two washing machines, although the wife gets pissed off when I call her a machine
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Client has no idea how to use Azure DevOps so I've had to create a load of 'tasks' as user stories

My PM and I tried to talk them through it yesterday and it was a waste of time in the end.

They also want to only use it for listing jobs on the technical side of things and don't care about anything else the project needs to deliver (you, simple stuff like service, monitoring, alerting) they actually don't care what those requirements are as they are in 'agile' JFDI mode of get some stuff up and running.

I am grateful that: 1. I am WFH, 2. I am on the best rate I've ever had, 3. I am not close enough to punch them in the face (although I think our architect would have beaten them to a pulp by now anyway), 4. I managed to blag back down to 4 days a week so I don't have to suffer full time working just yet.

Comment

Prescription collected, under the blazing sun

It appears the doctor has done the several months’ pre-approval thing by making it an issue-on-demand prescription or some such thing, meaning it hasn’t been put together awaiting my arrival - I go there, ask for it (through the window by the door, as they don’t let you inside now), they look it up, then I have to wait, pacing aimlessly around the shelterless car park in the heat of the day, pausing only to say “No, I’m not the queue, go ahead” while gesturing at the aforementioned window to other people who turn up and stand near me, until the pharmacist assembles it

I might try phoning them a day in advance next time; maybe that will make things easier for all of us

Anyway, due to the pharmacy only being six or seven minutes’ walk away, that didn’t take care of today’s exercise ring, so I’ll still have to either go for a walk this evening or have a go on the exercise bike. Might do the latter, just to keep the momentum up

Comment

Afternoon all.

CBS
                    Hot, again.
                    Dog alternating between sprawling in the sun in the back garden and coming back in to sprawl on the floor in the shade.

Spent the morning pointing out to client co. that a project that allows access to customer data, by people who aren't customers or client co. employees, without having to actually go through any kind of tedious authentication process is probably a bad idea.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post

Because The Very Expensive Miele WM failed twice in 6 weeks, fortunately after I'd extended the warranty to 10 years, and I got fed up with washing stuff in the bath whilst awaiting a service call, so I bought a cheapo from Currys that cost £75 less than the extended warranty on WM1.

When that breaks it goes in the bin, the other one is too expensive to do that with, as is the TD.

Sheets out of WM2 and pegged out.

Shirts out of TD and ironed after a fashion.

Cottons in WM2, out in 25 mins to go in the TD coz I like fluffy towels.

In other news: I've forgotten all my email passwords other than the one for work which is, of course, irrelevant since it doesn't exist any more.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), corner yog thing*, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

*yellow.

<hiatus>

Cottons in the TD.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 May 2020, 12:04.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X