• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Because The Very Expensive Miele WM failed twice in 6 weeks, fortunately after I'd extended the warranty to 10 years, and I got fed up with washing stuff in the bath whilst awaiting a service call, so I bought a cheapo from Currys that cost £75 less than the extended warranty on WM1.

When that breaks it goes in the bin, the other one is too expensive to do that with, as is the TD.
    I follow similar economics: I looked at the expensive stuff and then bought disposable as delivery on a replacement was faster than waiting for a repair. Go figure.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      I follow similar economics: I looked at the expensive stuff and then bought disposable as delivery on a replacement was faster than waiting for a repair. Go figure.
      Yes, I was very impressed with a 2 week wait the first time and nearly a 3 week wait the next.

Not impressed.

And once it's diagnosed you then have to wait for the parts to arrive so they can fit them.

The Currys delivery was brilliant.

I think I paid for it on the Thursday, it was delivered on Sunday morning, they unpacked it and put it in the salting house, and the washing was done by the afternoon.

In contrast, the Miele from AO was dumped in the kitchen, so I had to unpack it, which is easier said than done with a 100kgm WM.

Getting it off the pallet was inneresting, and involved a sabre saw to cut the battens up.

Still can't remember the Google mail password.

I've only used the fecking thing for 10 years or so.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 May 2020, 12:21.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch

It’s maintaining a decent balance between being sunny out and sending a gentle zephyr through the windows to keep the flat cool

I need to pop down and see about reverse trundling; pretty sure there was some bin-related action going on out the back while I was cooking the sausages.

Comment

Whatever I heard earlier must have been something different, as they were only just starting the reverse trundle from the recycling bin wagon when I got down there. This meant I was able to secure the slightly newer one for our yard

Not that it makes any difference as they all have exactly the same capacity and method of operation, but still

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Whatever I heard earlier must have been something different, as they were only just starting the reverse trundle from the recycling bin wagon when I got down there. This meant I was able to secure the slightly newer one for our yard

Not that it makes any difference as they all have exactly the same capacity and method of operation, but still
            It's a principle! And it'd be one that I'd follow if such a thing were needed at my place.

Comment

Dell delivered the new micro PC for the parentals a bit earlier than I expected (I thought it was coming on Monday) so I spend some billing time setting it up.

Can't do everything but most is sorted and the rest will be done when I'm allowed to deliver it.

I suspect they will be impressed by the size but my Dad will still complain that it's not immediately usable as soon as the power button is pressed

Oh and the fun to be had with them figuring out Win10...

Damn...forgot to install Team Viewer on it so I can do remote support when my Dad installs something dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                It's a principle! And it'd be one that I'd follow if such a thing were needed at my place.
                As far as I know, that bin was originally provided for one of the houses up the side road, but the bin people just put them back anywhere and it ended up with this road’s in the back alley/lane

Comment

Dell delivered the new micro PC...
                  Ooh, which one?
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Dell delivered the new micro PC for the parentals a bit earlier than I expected (I thought it was coming on Monday) so I spend some billing time setting it up.

Can't do everything but most is sorted and the rest will be done when I'm allowed to deliver it.

I suspect they will be impressed by the size but my Dad will still complain that it's not immediately usable as soon as the power button is pressed

Oh and the fun to be had with them figuring out Win10...

Damn...forgot to install Team Viewer on it so I can do remote support when my Dad installs something dodgy.
                    Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post

Techically delivered by UPS if that what you mean?

I should have typed spent not spend . On a proper keyboard so no excuse for that typo
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 29 May 2020, 14:04.

Comment

Working...
                      X