• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Ooh, which one?
    Optiplex 3070 micro, I had £30 of vouchers and will get 10% cash back from using my Amex so it worked out well.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Technically delivered by UPS if that what you mean?

I should have typed spent not spend . On a proper keyboard so no excuse for that typo
      I should of elaborated. I had bad experiences with Dell at various working establishments.
      Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
        I should of elaborated. I had bad experiences with Dell at various working establishments.

Dell/HP/IBM (now lenovo) / ACER are all pretty much alike. I had the least amount of trouble with Dell before the accuntants took over.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Dell/HP/IBM (now lenovo) / ACER are all pretty much alike. I had the least amount of trouble with Dell before the accuntants took over.

Compaq used to be good. (I had one of their iPaqs around 2002)

Then they bought Digital (bad move)

Then HP bought them.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've only recently started buying Dell again. I am very happy with my XPS13. I bought an Optiplex 7070 micro for the living room last year and its fine (despite occasionally thinking it's had a motherboard failure...). I would probably still buy a custom PC for anything serious but the micro stuff for lightweight use is just easier to buy in.

I used to really like Toshiba, was a huge fan of their Portege range of laptops until they stopped being comptetitive on the specs/price front. That pushed me to a Sony Vaio which I'd always thought of as style over substance but, at the time I was buying (shortly before they stopped producing them!), the specs were pretty good.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 29 May 2020, 14:55. Reason: oops, mix up!

Comment

Cottons out of the TD and hanging over the banisters, awaiting the arrival of the bedsheets which currently decorate the washing line.

Freecell score this morning: 95%, running average 83%.

Freecell score this afternoon: 84% (), running average 83%.

Most of the Dells used in Ye Sloughe of Desponde in my lab & on my desk were ok, other than my preference for out of date operating systems.

The Stone computers were noisy and you've missed something if you've never heard a labful of the things doing an update.

The overwhelming howl is truly remarkable.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 May 2020, 15:11.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Compaq used to be good. (I had one of their iPaqs around 2002)

Then they bought Digital (bad move)

Then HP bought them.
                They were great, their servers actually worked and weren't dressed up desktops!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was gutted when the battery on my Compaq Portable III leaked & wrote it off.

Password recalled.

Well there's a thing.

Tea: Tesco chunky battered haddock (as oily as ever ), orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The custard was remarkably runny. Ho hum.

Entertainment: The Beiderbecke Tapes E1.

Timeless S1 E7 "Stranded".
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 May 2020, 17:14.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner was some meatballs in some tomato and something sauce from Waitrose and a bit of salad.

I haven't watched any tellybox, just had the radio on the background for a nice change.

Didn't go for my walk, decided to give the knee a day off today.

Comment

97% / 67

Comment

Working...
                      X