• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Hot and sunny here.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Afternoon all

Hot and sunny here.
      Here too

But the sun's not on the front of the building any more, so the living room isn't becoming unbearable

Comment

The watch informs me that I have achieved my "Move Goal", which is good as I've barely moved all day

Comment

Finally got around to doing the thing for the National Library of Scotland, for which I will eventually receive a £10 Amazon voucher. It was surprisingly hard! There were a whole bunch of things (44 IIRC), which you had to group into categories as you thought best, naming said categories. The idea is to inform the way they arrange the various collections on their website so people can find them easily.

Does material about the 2014 Scottish referendum go under Scottish Politics or is it now Scottish History? What about Mary Queen of Scots; she was a political issue in her day, but that's presumably history now.

The archive of Nigerian literature - does that go with Soviet posters (being foreign and arts-related) or with 18th century Scottish writers (being literature) or should it go in its own category?

Studies of book bindings - actual existing bindings, not doing it. Arts and Crafts, maybe? If so, does that category also include the archive of old recipes, and the archive of knitting patterns? Do those three things actually belong together? Would people think to look there for them? And maybe those Soviet posters should be in there too, along with the comic book and graphic novels collection, though graphic novel people insist they're literature and you don't want to annoy them; they're very vocal for a bunch of nerds

Anyway, all done and submitted. In a few weeks they'll send me a survey about their conclusions, and then I get the Amazon thing

Comment

Tea: spag bol, orange segments in custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Now sat down in a vain attempt to cool down a bit though it's only 23 deg in here at the moment.

A lot hotter by the sink.

Entertainment: Timeless S1 E9 "The last ride of Bonnie & Clyde", being the tale of the aforementioned and details of how history got changed.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Did a zoom call. Fortified by two spicy negronis. I planned ahead and filled a chilled thermos with the second one.

Am nicely tipsy now.

Had a (very) late lunch / early dinner of gnocchi about 4pm and some crispy snacks on the call. I have some left over meatballs from yesterday's dinner should I get peckish later.

Comment

Trip to Tesco was very good

Found a nice shady spot while MrsAG stood in the queue !!! then joined her about 6m from the man in a headset saying 'OK go on'

1-way system in place, but not many people sticking to it

TV schedule - Series 5 of Ultimate Airport Dubai on NatGeo at 8pm and 9pm (2 episodes), just wondering where season 4 is ?
                Married

Comment

oooh drivel for century
                  Married

Comment

nobody here
                    Married

Comment

mine all mine
                      Married

Comment

Working...