• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Freecell score: 100% (of 5), running average 83%.

All my domestic appliances emit irritating noises, WM2 does 3 or 4 constipated beeps, WM1 beeps for a while then gives up, the TD beeps endlessly until you tell it to shut the feck up and take stuff out.

Lunch: duck breasts, rice pud, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

At least that's the plan.

Must go & inspect stuff when the poppity ping goes ping.

Since I use a top sheet, the duvet cover thing doesn't get washed very often.
    My washing machine just comes to halt and displays a polite "End" on the timer

The microwave-cum-fan-oven-cum-grill, on the other hand, has a really loud beep, which it uses at every opportunity. Press the button for "Microwave": BEEP. Rotate the knob to change the power level: BEEP. Select power level and start to set the time: BEEP. Actually start the damn thing: BEEP. Pause it with the button rather than just pulling the door open: BEEP. Restart: BEEP. Finished: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If you just press the Start button (BEEP) without any of that setup it immediately does 30s at 100% and adds another 30s for subsequent presses (BEEP), so for anything less than three minutes or so it's a quieter experience to rapidly do that several times so all the beeps run together, then stop it by opening the door with 1s left and press the Cancel button (BEEP) to clear the timer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      My washing machine just comes to halt and displays a polite "End" on the timer

The microwave-cum-fan-oven-cum-grill, on the other hand, has a really loud beep, which it uses at every opportunity. Press the button for "Microwave": BEEP. Rotate the knob to change the power level: BEEP. Select power level and start to set the time: BEEP. Actually start the damn thing: BEEP. Pause it with the button rather than just pulling the door open: BEEP. Restart: BEEP. Finished: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If you just press the Start button (BEEP) without any of that setup it immediately does 30s at 100% and adds another 30s for subsequent presses (BEEP), so for anything less than three minutes or so it's a quieter experience to rapidly do that several times so all the beeps run together, then stop it by opening the door with 1s left and press the Cancel button (BEEP) to clear the timer
      I have a Tesco(tm) mandraulic microwave so it just goes ping! when it's done.

I'm not sure I could cope with one that beeped at me endlessly.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Lunch: duck breasts, rice pud, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

At least that's the plan.

Must go & inspect stuff when the poppity ping goes ping.
      Turned out okish.

Not sure I'll repeat the exercise.

Due to timing constraints the veg were somewhat overdone.

<tea drinking hiatus>

Stone me it's warm in here (22 deg) :sweat:

I'll have to take my puffa jacket off at this rate.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 May 2020, 12:32.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For lunch, sausages and bacon sandwiched in buttered white bloomer toast. Lovely stuff, no doubt replacing those valuable calories that were burnt off by the exercise

Comment

98%, 59bpm

Comment

Went for a walk. Along to Tesco to pick up some flowers and then, as I was already out, I strolled up to the area around Olympia to suss it out. And happened upon Blythe House. I kind of knew it existed but (much like my discovery of Stamford Bridge yesterday) I never knew exactly where it was. Now I know. It's a beautiful building and will no doubt either end up as flats or be flattened in time.

Google timeline says I've walked 2.7 miles today and my fitbit says I've done a total of 8,920 steps since I got dressed.

Now to decide what to do to get the remaining 1,100 steps.

I had a good nosey at what was open / closed / doing their best to work around various constraints. A wine bar I like was doing take away drinks and had one table out the front that two people could sit at. It was occupied or I would have stopped - I'm not going to drink on the street without formal seating! I also noticed that a hairdresser had a sign up saying they would reopen on 4 July. I wonder if that's speculation/optimism or the industry has been given a hint to prepare for that date? I don't pay a huge level of attention to the news so could have missed that announcement.

Comment

Toast pocket with cheese and as it was so warm a Budweiser.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I had a bunch of small ribs in the freezer and bought some big ribs last week, so I thawed the small ones overnight and now they're all in my largest suitable dish (which is completely packed with them) under foil, cooking for four hours or so on gas mark 1. This evening I'll uncover them, smother them in BBQ sauce (just the JD one out of a bottle this time rather than home made), whack the heat up, and cook until cooked. Fridge overnight, then vacuum-seal them as individual portions which can be reheated boil-in-the-bag style

Comment

Shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done, washed, dusted, dried, and put away.

Remarkably knackered now, what with this infernal heat & all.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I also noticed that a hairdresser had a sign up saying they would reopen on 4 July. I wonder if that's speculation/optimism or the industry has been given a hint to prepare for that date? I don't pay a huge level of attention to the news so could have missed that announcement.
                    That was some random tulip they came up with as part of their "Look! A Squirrel!" policy for addressing the grave issues facing the nation.

Assuming the numbers start climbing again due to the incompetence they're currently showing in easing the lockdown, they'll just ignore them, because they'll have kept banging on about 4 July in further attempts to distract from the abominable mess they're making of everything.

Comment

That explains it. Maybe my hair appointment on the 11th will get postponed then!

Some helicopter is out making a right racket. Looks to be over Holland Park and maybe Kensington Gardens. Probably videoing people for the news to show how bad Londoners are at social distancing.

Can't see it's reg no and can't tell if it's the filth or news.

Comment

Working...
                      X