• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to spot the ISS this evening.

Next opportunity (at a reasonable time of day rather than 03:xx) is July 12th.

Now watching the remainder of Nazi megastructures on More4.

Goodness me, they're covering Brit Megastructures too, to whit, the floating Mulberry harbour.

Mulberry harbour - Wikipedia
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Make a crumble with the last portion.

Indeed and throw some cloves in to liven some other portions up. Apples love cloves/cinnamon/nutmeg (small amounts of cloves) .
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

I bought a bag of cheap onions from Sainsbury's a while ago - must have been the end of April - and three of them sprouted, quite vigorously as it goes despite being in a shady spot. I noticed two of them now had green shoots that were getting on for a foot long (the third has only just started growing) and it seemed a shame to just sling them in the bin after they've made all that effort.

So I took them out the back and chucked them on an overgrown mound that might once have been a compost heap, but is probably just ancient rubbish, round the back of the derelict garages. No idea if they'll survive in any worthwhile manner, but it gives them a fighting chance, and it'd be quite cool if, in years to come, a small patch of wild onions continues to flourish there

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Indeed and throw some cloves in to liven some other portions up. Apples love cloves/cinnamon/nutmeg (small amounts of cloves) .
            I added some cinnamon when stewing the apples

Comment

Guineafowl not eaten.

It’s cooled down now and there’s a promise of rain on Wednesday, which will save the water meter... oh yes, we can’t have one of those.

In other news, someone has just fired up a chainsaw... Looking out the window, it appears a tree must be blocking the road, as there’s orange flashing lights.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Went to Morrisons who had cheese on the reduced aisle. Mature Cheddar, Applewood, Bavarian smoked and Wenslydale hoovered up at 10p per reasonable sized lump. Aubergines (to go in curry) at 5p a pop. 2 salads at less than quarter price.

Dinner was rib eye steak (fried medium rare) with Garlic,mushrooms, 5p worth of Aubergine and salad.

Tomorrow is my Neighbours husband's funeral (he has been suffering from locked in syndrome for years, so I have never met him) Covid-19 hit his nursing home, so he has at least been released from what must have been an unpleasant existence. His wife is a lovely neighbour though. We all are going to stand in the close to just see him off out of respect. The funeral is limited to 10 so just family and only some of that.

Delivered 2 big developments today and people seem to be impressed. Just need to get the users to use them properly now.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I added some cinnamon when stewing the apples

ahead of me as always.

Comment

For tonight's reading matter I finally got around to a book I've been meaning to read for donkey's years: Bomber by Len Deighton. Very good so far

It was, of course, the first novel to be written on a word processor, a piano-sized IBM thing; they had to take out a window of his house and lift it in with a crane

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Good point, though I'm estimating there'll be enough to fill the flan baking thingies I have three times, and I only have two of them, so it'll probably just be one portion left anyway
                      Apple sauce

Comment

Working...
                      X