• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Loony lady friend 2 just phoned re little get together outside at 11 with some other loony ladies. At sister's this afternoon. Usual walk with loony lady friend 1 tomorrow. Seem to spend most of me social time with women, hardly know any blokes round here. Perhaps I'll put on a dress.

Well just tell them you can only have rampant sex outside because if you do it indoors the rozzers will take you away apparently. They will have your boxers off by the time you get to the lounge, never tell a woman no!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done; exercise ring closed; new PB award for calories burned

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Bah! Still getting ads for Oximeters but for some reason they are all in Spanish, I don't want an "Oxímetro de Pulso Ponta" thanks, I'd have to dig out my old Spanish phrase book to understand the result.

PS Dunno though, £6.24, was £80.18?? Provided something is cheap, I really don't care if it works!

shouldn't have googled Spanish Fly.

Comment

Morning all

Cooler, hazy skies today.

Sourdough toast with marmalade for breakfast.

3rd coffee consumed.

Making the most of the carbs while I can. MrsB has just been told she is Pre-Diabetic. Dr has put her on a Ketogenic diet, so no carbs for a while until she can lose some weight and get her blood glucose levels back under control.

On the plus side, we had a nice thick rump steak for dinner last night (with salad)
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Making the most of the carbs while I can. MrsB has just been told she is Pre-Diabetic. Dr has put her on a Ketogenic diet, so no carbs for a while until she can lose some weight and get her blood glucose levels back under control.

On the plus side, we had a nice thick rump steak for dinner last night (with salad)
            Best of luck to MrsB! My brother was the same way, but he started exercising more and got it under control which is how it remains, so it can be done

Comment

Sardine toasties for lunch

In tomato sauce this time, as Sainsbury's had stocks of them but not the ones in olive oil, which meant I have more of them after last week's shopping.

Comment

Car is all shiny again.

As always, whenever there's a new chap doing it they bang on about how great a car it is. Yeah I know it's a good car, that's why I own it

Blooming hot out. Not sure I want to walk up to the Post Office.

Comment

The cleaning of the springs continues, back bedroom today.

I've got far too many books.

I've got far too many vhs cassettes.

In fact, I've got far too much stuff altogether.

Emptied the vac and banged the filter to increase its vaccing power, it now seems to be intent on eating the carpet.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), a selection of yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Blooming hot out. Not sure I want to walk up to the Post Office.

better get a move on it closes soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                      Watched In the Factory last night about how Heinz Baked Beans (pfffttth) managed with the panic buying.

We could of actually bought them from Heinz, nobody told me !!!
                      Ah, beans! I never ran out, but had to cast my net wide to find them

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Speaking of runs on things, two foodstuffs that I would never have expected there to be a shortage of: baked beans, and lentils
                      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Back again. Quite quiet out there

Not post-apocalypse style though, so still a bit of weaving required to avoid getting too close to other people

The Indian supermarket was out of red lentils so I got green ones. I would assume it doesn’t make much difference after they’ve been pressure cooked for a prolonged period - maybe a slight variation in colour? I gather they also don’t disintegrate so much, but I daresay I can cope with slightly lumpier soup

No rice, not even in sacks; he said everyone’s been after it.

And then over the road to the place that used to be Londis and is now One Stop, I think, where I was able to get a couple of tins of Heinz Beans and a packet of Rich Tea
                      I'll hunt the programme down on iPlayer to find out what the problem was and how they fixed it, there being plenty of beans in Sainsbury's last week

Comment

Working...
                      X