• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Ah, beans! I never ran out, but had to cast my net wide to find them

I'll hunt the programme down on iPlayer to find out what the problem was and how they fixed it, there being plenty of beans in Sainsbury's last week
    That was the time when it felt a bit like living in Soviet Russia, where everybody carried a shopping bag with them at all times in case they happened upon a shop that had something - anything - to sell

Comment

That was the time when it felt a bit like living in Soviet Russia, where everybody carried a shopping bag with them at all times in case they happened upon a shop that had something - anything - to sell
      Except, of course, people in Soviet Russia were able to get out more

Comment

Especially bog roll.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          better get a move on it closes soon.
          I did and it's done. There was a bit of queue that seemed to be largely because people were being over-cautious, which is never a bad thing.

Didn't need to wear that cardigan...

Comment

Dog was pestering to be taken for a walk despite the heat, so walk we did between meetings.

Started bouncy and happy, 5 minutes later hot and drooping. Walk cut short and retuned home for a play in the garden with the hose to cool off.

I had to stop after a couple of minutes to answer a work call, came back out to the garden to find her sitting patiently next to the hose before barking at me as I came out the back door.

Dog now cool, damp and happy again.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The carpet shop over the road has reopened!

"By appointment only" though, they've added in small letters on the A-board outside

Comment

It clouded over a bit earlier but that's cleared and it really is a lovely afternoon out there for those who like that kind of thing

I'm looking forward to a week or so of continuous light drizzle from tomorrow though
                Last edited by NickFitz; 2 June 2020, 13:49.

Comment

The Cunning Plan to shift the wardrobe using the lids of saucepans worked a treat, said lids being devoid of handles and convex, so slid across the carpet with no problem.

I took the opportunity of being able to get to the window to clean same & wash the outside & inside windowsills.

Then I did the same in the bathroom.

The bathroom net curtain looked more than slightly grubby so that's soaking in the kitchen sink in some Persil(tm).

I've never washed a net before so feck nose how it'll turn out.

Strangelove Mater was the last person to wash the nets and that must be 10 years if it's a day.

The spider from yesterday is leering at me from across the room, so I managed to avoid hoovering it up during yesterday's frenzy.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

An enormous bumblebee just came in through the window

But it just went down the room, had a look around, turned round, and went back to the window where, after one or two bumps against the upper sash, it worked out that it needed to be a bit lower; and so departed

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The bathroom net curtain looked more than slightly grubby so that's soaking in the kitchen sink in some Persil(tm).

I've never washed a net before so feck nose how it'll turn out.

Strangelove Mater was the last person to wash the nets and that must be 10 years if it's a day.
                      I do dislike net curtains. They always look grubby, even if new.

Comment

Working...
                      X