• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like nets either, but apparently these are (or were) "very nice" so they've stayed.

They were inherited with the house.

The green bit on the bottom washed out.

I was beginning to think it was a feature.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky battered haddock, orange segments & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Timeless S1 E13: "Karma Chameleon" wherein our heroes steal the timemachine to change history so a serial killer doesn't get born. Or something.

"Quatermass" E3 on Talking Pictures at 21:00.

Something else.

Comment

Have been mostly faffing this evening and have achieved nothing of note.

Just realised I've yet to have some dinner. I think it will be a chicken kiev and some veg of some sort. All veg is enhanced with the liberal application of garlic butter* so that will work out ok.

*I seem to recall, from one of those factory type programmes many years ago, that commercial chicken kiev doesn't actually have any garlic in it despite the garlic flavour to the butter. I will have to double check that in case my addled brain is misleading me again.

Comment

The forecast for tomorrow is showing more cloud and a higher chance of rain. At 18 degrees it's likely to be a bit muggy too.

Dinner has been eaten. It was nice enough.

I really should cook something to have as a pudding one of these days. I have cooked and frozen apple and rhubarb that I ought to do something with.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Entertainment:

Timeless S1 E13: "Karma Chameleon" wherein our heroes steal the timemachine to change history so a serial killer doesn't get born. Or something.

"Quatermass" E3 on Talking Pictures at 21:00.

Something else.
            Entertainment (revised): Jim Alkalili on Chemistry BBC4 20:00 - 21:00.

Quatermass on Talking Pictures 21:00 - 22:00

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I do dislike net curtains. They always look grubby, even if new.
              As it transpired, the curtain looks quite good.

Now watching Bunker Boy on the Nine Ten o'clock news.

He really is a prick of the first water.

Comment

Dinner has been a roast pork loin crackling joint with the usual trimmings, and very nice it was

The potatoes were perhaps slightly below par, as they were fairly old ones that needed finishing off. But still perfectly edible.

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                Apple sauce
                I thought of that but the surplus from the pies is a bit sweet and cinnamony, and I had a jar of shop-bought apple sauce in the fridge to go with the pork, so I reckon I'll save the surplus for turnovers

Comment

Entertainment (continued): Sapphire & Steel on Forces TV.

Dear me, it's only 40 or so years ago.

Comment

As it was eighty years ago that the Dunkirk evacuation was drawing to its end, tonight's entertainment (courtesy of iPlayer) was Dunkirk (1958) - IMDb, being the one with a linear narrative starringJohn Mills, Richard Attenborough, Bernard Lee (aka M in the Bond films) et al. rather than the recent one with the multiple timelines. Very good in a stolid English kind of way

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I do dislike net curtains. They always look grubby, even if new.
                      ...and they smell of "dead flies"...
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X