• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided I'd better eat the rest of the orange I've been using for negroni garnishes

Now watching the baked bean update of Inside the Factory

Comment

Plus side of cooler weather is that, not having had all the windows open, I didn't have to spend ages rescuing little flies from the conservatory and elsewhere. Got a home made fly rescue machine, an old hair dryer sucks air via a soft sponge into a plastic bottle. Doesn't hurt them and I can release them outside.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Hemming and hawing over what to have for dinner…

Something warming, I reckon, to mark the beginning of autumn outside
        And so it came to pass: lamb scouse, with a couple of slices of white bloomer. Delicious and warming

Comment

3 hours of watering part of the top lawn. Really want the rain to come now that I’ve softened the soil. Not looking likely.

In other news, I took the sourdough starter out of the fridge last night and now have almost finished the first rise. Will turn it out into the basket before going to bed, then cook it in time for breakfast tomorrow.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Plus side of cooler weather is that, not having had all the windows open, I didn't have to spend ages rescuing little flies from the conservatory and elsewhere. Got a home made fly rescue machine, an old hair dryer sucks air via a soft sponge into a plastic bottle. Doesn't hurt them and I can release them outside.
            Clever idea

Comment

Loaf kneaded and shaped, now covered in the proving basket for the evening.

The precipitation has arrived, I’d not go as far as to call it rain, but the sunroom roof tiles are now a damper shade of red.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Entertainment (revised): BBC4: The beauty of diagrams: Newton's diagram of a prism, complete with Pink Floyd reference.

BBC4: Shock & Awe: the story of electricity (it'll never catch on) with Jim Alkalili again.

4: Dispatches, or how a blonde bozo managed to demonstrate his complete & utter incompetence.

Timeless S1 E14: "The Lost Generation" wherein, rather than going to a mysterious island where a plane has crashed, they go to Paris in 1927 & meet Lindberg.

Then a bit of "Black Lives matter: Rivers of Blood 50 years on".

Now Sapphire & Steel.

I see that E4 has some little know programme call "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" at 23:00.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Read some more of Len Deighton's Bomber

The dampness from the sky seems to have packed it in for now.

I noticed today that it was quite busy out, if not yet back to normal, but it still tends to be very quiet at night.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Read some more of Len Deighton's Bomber
                    Great book. I read it first time when I was a tyke. Made an everlasting impression on YoungScruff.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

^^^ Not forgetting "Fighter" and "Goodbye Mickey Mouse".

Morning all

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Dry.

Thursday, judging by the racket at 06:25.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X